Uvb light too close

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It's hard to tell- I would say probably not - if she's not basking under I am gonna say it's the bulb something is off w/ it - is the fixture a 24"? If so get the bulb I posted please--
Her heat lamp is positioned directly over her hide so that's where she spends 99% of her time. How can I angle it to where both her heat and uvb reach that spot she's laying.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Her heat lamp is positioned directly over her hide so that's where she spends 99% of her time. How can I angle it to where both her heat and uvb reach that spot she's laying.?
Move the uvb closer to the basking area place a big enough decor piece directly under it- shes gonna sit where shes most comfortable - dragons know what light they need - does she sit directly under the basking bulb ?

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
The link won't open so I'm not sure which one that is but this is the one he got.
Sorry, fixed the link in my post. Yours is a screen shot so I can't be certain but it looks like this. It shows it has a reflector, and also brackets, that appear to screw to the fixture.

If you are able to find the brackets, they may not have a hook for the a lamp holder, but you ought to be able to slide zipties under. That's what I had to do with mine.

Even if you adjust decor as others suggested you'll want the brackets in case you ever get a new enclosure, and want to mount underscreen. I lost mine and had to order replacements.

If yours do indeed screw in though, that's actually a nice feature as you should be able to rig whatever you want to it. Mine just clamp.

You're correct it is coming with what they are calling a 10% bulb. The quality of the bulb I don't know. Though I suppose your UVB tester should be able to answer some of those questions when it comes.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It has a reflector correct? If not you want a fixture w/ a reflector -
Yes, it has a reflector, the aluminum looking piece on the inside. It came with the bulb and the fixture, too. She sits either directly under her basking light on the hide or will lean against the side, just outside the brightest ring of the light, if that makes sense.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Most beardies don't like when stuff is changed (not all, I've had a couple that like exploring a habitat that was changed up). Zen goes all to pieces if i even change where it set his green dish, heck a lot of times if i don't feed him BEFORE i take out his bed he won't even eat.
Nova could be the same.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I would get a reputable bulb - Reptisun or the Arcadia 12% bulb
Most beardies don't like when stuff is changed (not all, I've had a couple that like exploring a habitat that was changed up). Zen goes all to pieces if i even change where it set his green dish, heck a lot of times if i don't feed him BEFORE i take out his bed he won't even eat.
Nova could be the same.
I figured this would be easier than having to create a whole new thread but Toothless pooped and the urate was all water. The rest looks okay, I suppose. I guess blood is back in his poop so I'll have to see about another fecal test, he probably has parasites again, since he started eating crickets again. But why is the urate so watery.?

Attachments

• 20230323_105744.jpg
    20230323_105744.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230323_105943.jpg
    20230323_105943.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 45

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I figured this would be easier than having to create a whole new thread but Toothless pooped and the urate was all water. The rest looks okay, I suppose. I guess blood is back in his poop so I'll have to see about another fecal test, he probably has parasites again, since he started eating crickets again. But why is the urate so watery.?
Watery urate means hes hydrated -- are you feeding any veggies that have a lot of water content? Please get the UVB bulb changed out as soon as you can --

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Watery urate means hes hydrated -- are you feeding any veggies that have a lot of water content? Please get the UVB bulb changed out as soon as you can --
His uvb is the Arcadia. And the fixtures we got will fit the reptisun or Arcadia bulbs, so that's what we're doing next.

He eats kale, mustard/collard/turnip greens, bok choy and occasionally yellow or red peppers and sweet potatoes or carrots. But mostly, he prefers it with nothing on top. And he eats crickets, dubias, horn/super/mealworms, BSFL and the fly they turn into. And we've started adding silkworms to his diet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
His uvb is the Arcadia. And the fixtures we got will fit the reptisun or Arcadia bulbs, so that's what we're doing next.

He eats kale, mustard/collard/turnip greens, bok choy and occasionally yellow or red peppers and sweet potatoes or carrots. But mostly, he prefers it with nothing on top. And he eats crickets, dubias, horn/super/mealworms, BSFL and the fly they turn into. And we've started adding silkworms to his diet.
He's got a great diet- the peppers and carrots will give the extra water-

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom