UVB/Heat Bulb all in one?

Ginjasnapz

Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Hi!

I currently have a 75 gal tank with a T5 10.0 UVB bulb. My beardie is around 13 months old. My husband was mentioning he read of a UVB bulb and heat bulb all in one? Do those really exist? Are they any good or am I better sticking with my long uvb bulb and heat bulb separately. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi!

I currently have a 75 gal tank with a T5 10.0 UVB bulb. My beardie is around 13 months old. My husband was mentioning he read of a UVB bulb and heat bulb all in one? Do those really exist? Are they any good or am I better sticking with my long uvb bulb and heat bulb separately. Thanks!
Yes they exist and they are called MVB--- good ones are PowerSun and Mega Ray --- they are over priced and hard to work w/ on keeping the heat and UVB in balance-- I recommend you stay w/ your regular basking bulb and your T 5- it is always recommended if using one to have a T 5 or T 8 as a back up for the UVB --- they also need to be changed out every 6 months if not using a extra UVB- versus your T 5 every year I recommend every 10-11 months

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree with Karrieree, the mvb's are a compromise between good uvb/to much heat or a little cooler basking but not enough uvb.
I personally setup basking and uvb separately with some overlap of the two so my guys can chose what makes them happy (and they will, they know better than us what they need)

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
All-in-One bulbs.
MVBs are very popular
Brings out they're colors a little differently...
MVBs are more-so for advanced reptile keepers.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom