Uvb for 5x2x2(skip 2 last 2 sentence for main question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built Zeus(zeusy blue bars I call him when talking to him)a 5x2x2 enclosure. 100⁰-105⁰ basking. 90⁰ ambient hot side down to 82⁰-75⁰ or so on the cool side. Tile floor. Logs rocks and varying granite for him to climb around and shelter too if he chooses.. Right now he has a 36" zoo-med T5 H.O. hood with a 10.0 34" bulb(I believe the 34" bulb is 39watt). I just ordered 2 arcadia 14% dragon lamps because this enclosure is much larger than his 40 gallon breaker he was raised in. He is just under a year old. I'd love to post a pic or 2 but don't know how. Just curious on your thoughts as I have heard the Dragon lamp 14% do great on top of larger enclosures. About 16"-20" away from basking spot I'd say.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
I would only use the 36" UVB - 14% bulbs are very strong and w/ all 3 of those UVB's in the tank your going to have him hiding from them --- the 36" fixture is going to be sufficient-- distance for the T 5 should be 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor piece -- you want to have him be able to sit in his tank w/out sitting under the UVB all the time - I have a 4x2x2 and use a 24" fixture and my dragons are fine--- I have two basking spots set up for them -- one being where the UVB is and one w/ out

Rbedard2012

Original Poster
No way would I use 3. Maybe I wrote it wrong. I meant to say currently using a 10.0 bulb but am switching to the 14% dragon lamp for the new enclosure. I ordered 2 bulbs so I always have a spare. I would never use 3 uvb bulbs. Poor guy. 3 bulbs might be border line cruelty. Glad to know the dragon lamps are that good. Thanks for the response

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok w/ the planning of use for the 14% bulb you want distance of 17-18 inches directly above the basking decor piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom