UV setup to cover a distance of 40 inches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeJHB

I have a tank that is 32inches high(35"W and 70"L). It has two levels, with the upper level 14 inches from the lights.
Now, because I live in South Africa, I haven't found a place that sells a UV meter- so instead I'll have to go on the thoughts of the forum - A distant second I know, but here's my setup...

I have two UV florecent lights, a 20W ZooMed 10.0 and a 36W ZooMed 10.0. To increase the output some more- I added a layer of kitchen foil behind the lights, which acts as a reflector. These work primarily over the top layer, and over the ladder to reach that level. I also have a normal kitchen type flourecent light to add to the ambient light in the tank.

In addition, I thought to buy a PowerSun MVB 160W for the very high part of the tank, where the florecents have no chance of reaching the floor. (Even with the extra output some lights have, I doubt it'll be dangerous over 32"?!)
Does this sound like it could be enough, and not too much, UV?
If not, I think I'll just supplement her diet with activated VitD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom