UV Reflectors-Good or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
I've always heard reflectors behind UV tubes spoken about positively... But now that I actually have one, I feel like it concentrates the UV down in a line and stops it spreading throughout the viv, and I haven't figured out a way to get my basking spot under both the heat lamps and the UV light... I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if they thought that the extra UV is worth the decreased coverage? (I'm using the Arcadia Luminaire reflector hood)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You can tilt it towards the back a little for the desired effect from the front with the basking light towards the back in a corner. Reflectors make the light more efficient and, you are using all of the uvb value you are paying for. Also, it is my understanding that, uvb rays bounce of of reflective surfaces and, keep deflecting until it hits a nonreflective surface. You cannot see uvb rays but, they are there. This is why you can get a sunburn on a partly cloudy day when you are around water, (sun sends rays to water, water sends rays to clouds, back to water, back to clouds and, so on) same in a viv.

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":3qr2rxi2 said:
You can tilt it towards the back a little for the desired effect from the front with the basking light towards the back in a corner.
I was thinking about that, but I'm not really sure how because it's clipped into the clips which screw to the roof (came with it)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
CaramelBeet":3m76dteb said:
Gormagon":3m76dteb said:
You can tilt it towards the back a little for the desired effect from the front with the basking light towards the back in a corner.
I was thinking about that, but I'm not really sure how because it's clipped into the clips which screw to the roof (came with it)
Put a wedge under the clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom