URI Contagious? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a bearded dragon URI be spread through clothes ? and if so, how long for the infection to not be spreadable through clothes/fabric. I’m asking because my older bearded dragon was making some clicking noises so i took her to the vet and they said she either had a URI or chronic lung problems (from the owners she has before we rescued her). She hung out a lot with my younger dragon up until tonight. Because of this my bed and most of my downstairs is probably “compromised” from then both hanging out down there. I don’t think it’s really possible to clean it all because she’s pretty much been everywhere (and so has he). They are also housed in the same room (but two different tanks). Am I thinking about this too much?? And since my younger does not have anything I do not want it to spread to him, i’m really worried :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Respiratory infections can be contagious but if you have a clean tank & are good about
washing hands, bedding, etc it should be fine.
Just keep them a little warmer overnight to help boost their immune system. Are you able
to keep the humidity levels a little lower also?

Tracie

CrunchyBeardedBaby

Original Poster
Drache613":92c296ct said:
Hello,

Respiratory infections can be contagious but if you have a clean tank & are good about
washing hands, bedding, etc it should be fine.
Just keep them a little warmer overnight to help boost their immune system. Are you able
to keep the humidity levels a little lower also?

Tracie
I am not 100% sure how I would do that, but I do not have any water in the tank to keep the humidity levels low, and also by bedding so you mean the bed i sleeeo on? should i take everything off and wash my entire bedding ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, good that you don't have a water dish in the tank so that will help with controlling the
humidity levels.
I am talking about clothes or a shirt you wear, etc. It might be a good idea to exercise
caution when handling an ill dragon. If there are not really any symptoms then you really
shouldn't have to worry about anything spreading.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom