URGENT: How to help beardie pass away?

Maysi

Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Clementine is 7-10 years old. She was a rescue and had a horrible past. Neglect, abuse, improper lighting, temps, enclosure, everything for the first half of of her life. I’ve had her for 6 years. Her health has been declining faster each year, but now she’s declining by the day. She’s been to the vet multiple times and she has a cyst on her kidney and a tumor wrapping around her intestines that’s blood supplied and growing quickly. She’s losing weight and lumps are showing up elsewhere in her belly. I know she’s dying. She’s on two pain medications and I’m doing everything I can to keep her comfortable and she’s a great communicator about what she needs. She’s always been a fighter and I don’t think she’ll pass on her own until it’s really bad and she just can’t fight anymore.

Is there anything I can do to help her pass on her own?

What method can I use (not freezing, gas, decapitation) to euthanize? A gūn…? Taking her to the vet for euthanasia is my last choice but it’s just such a stressful and long process, she doesn’t deserve that. She hates the vet and it’s so stressful to be poked and flipped over. I want her to pass quickly while in as comfortable of a state as possible.

Clementine is the sweetest, strongest being I have ever met. She’s been with me through so many life changes and she’s taught me to be the person I am today. She’s so trusting and loving in the best way she can be. She’s so funny and always tries to enjoy life the best she can. She enjoys outside time and trips to the park or beach. She doesn’t deserve to suffer any longer. She deserves peace. I’m heartbroken.

Thank you for your advice.

Attachments

• F5FCFE1B-475B-41A3-977B-4762F3790786.jpeg
    F5FCFE1B-475B-41A3-977B-4762F3790786.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 149

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Clementine is 7-10 years old. She was a rescue and had a horrible past. Neglect, abuse, improper lighting, temps, enclosure, everything for the first half of of her life. I’ve had her for 6 years. Her health has been declining faster each year, but now she’s declining by the day. She’s been to the vet multiple times and she has a cyst on her kidney and a tumor wrapping around her intestines that’s blood supplied and growing quickly. She’s losing weight and lumps are showing up elsewhere in her belly. I know she’s dying. She’s on two pain medications and I’m doing everything I can to keep her comfortable and she’s a great communicator about what she needs. She’s always been a fighter and I don’t think she’ll pass on her own until it’s really bad and she just can’t fight anymore.

Is there anything I can do to help her pass on her own?

What method can I use (not freezing, gas, decapitation) to euthanize? A gūn…? Taking her to the vet for euthanasia is my last choice but it’s just such a stressful and long process, she doesn’t deserve that. She hates the vet and it’s so stressful to be poked and flipped over. I want her to pass quickly while in as comfortable of a state as possible.

Clementine is the sweetest, strongest being I have ever met. She’s been with me through so many life changes and she’s taught me to be the person I am today. She’s so trusting and loving in the best way she can be. She’s so funny and always tries to enjoy life the best she can. She enjoys outside time and trips to the park or beach. She doesn’t deserve to suffer any longer. She deserves peace. I’m heartbroken.

Thank you for your advice.
It is such a hard and devasting thing to watch them pass -- if she is suffering the best bet would be to put her down at the vets office - w/ you staying w/ her -- I can pass this post on to our vet tech mod on here she can help better than I w / your questions
@Drache613

Maysi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
It is such a hard and devasting thing to watch them pass -- if she is suffering the best bet would be to put her down at the vets office - w/ you staying w/ her -- I can pass this post on to our vet tech mod on here she can help better than I w / your questions
@Drache613
Thank you. Most vets I’ve talked to don’t allow pet parents there with the reptile through the whole process- only part of it. The second half they take the beardie to the back and they hold them overnight to make sure they’ve passed. I want to be with her the whole time.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. That is such a nice picture of her and you gave her a great life. Now comes the very, very difficult part that is gut wrenching and unfair. :( There's no easy decision but I might opt to let her pass at home in familiar surroundings. That's just my thought. Whatever you do will be the right decision for her and for you.

Maysi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Thank you. ❤️ I’ve been trying my best to keep her comfortable so she can let go but she’s such a fighter. I don’t want her to fight too much longer, she’s definitely in pain and uncomfortable even with medication and it’s just so unfair.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes I know. Take in to consideration what you feel is best and what others might suggest and think on it , you'll make the right choice. It's truly a sad and grievous situation and my heart goes out to you.

Maysi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clementine
Yes I know. Take in to consideration what you feel is best and what others might suggest and think on it , you'll make the right choice. It's truly a sad and grievous situation and my heart goes out to you.
Thank you for your kind words. ❤️ It will be okay.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry about Clementine, that is horribly distressing for you both. :cry: Unfortunately, short
of taking her into the vets, there really isn't anything you can do to help speed up the process of a
natural death. If you had access to a CO2 chamber, that is an acceptable method. Anything else
is absolutely not.
If she doesn't like the medications, you could try some CBD oil which is all natural & helpful for the
overall health.
The best thing to do for her, is to allow her to do the activities she enjoys, as long as you can such
as trips to the park, outdoors, etc. Spend great quality time with her & I'm sure she knows just how
much you love her. It is comforting for them, if you are with them at the end when they need you. It
is emotionally hard I realize, I have been with several of ours while they passed. Very hard but I feel
that they were comforted.
I'm sorry you have to go through this difficult & heartbreaking time.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom