urgent help please!!!

moooshy

my beardie mushy has issues going on and i need guidance as to what it may be

from my view it seems as if he has fallen and scrapped his lip [in photo], causing him to not eat and drink, from further inspection ive noticed these white marks at the top of his mouth. he had lost a lot of weight, his fat pockets arent fat anymore, his eyes sunk too. he still basks and enjoys it and goes to bed at his regular time. his eyes are always closed now though which makes me very nervous

i dont know if he has mouth rot or what has happened but please send me your thoughts and opinions.

im currently syringe feeding and hydrating him, hes taking it very well too, i wont get paid for another week and a bit so i cant see a vet at the moment as i cant afford it, as soon as i get paid im taking him regardless.

he is the best thing in my life and ive had him for 3 years, i rescued him from the brink of death and have never stopped loving this lil dude, hes my fighter

Attachments

• EE6BD181-CF65-451C-B760-7444A0B9CFC0.jpeg
    EE6BD181-CF65-451C-B760-7444A0B9CFC0.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 136
  • DB7F56FC-DECB-4043-962A-49CCC6FBEF19.jpeg
    DB7F56FC-DECB-4043-962A-49CCC6FBEF19.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 81

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my beardie mushy has issues going on and i need guidance as to what it may be

from my view it seems as if he has fallen and scrapped his lip [in photo], causing him to not eat and drink, from further inspection ive noticed these white marks at the top of his mouth. he had lost a lot of weight, his fat pockets arent fat anymore, his eyes sunk too. he still basks and enjoys it and goes to bed at his regular time. his eyes are always closed now though which makes me very nervous

i dont know if he has mouth rot or what has happened but please send me your thoughts and opinions.

im currently syringe feeding and hydrating him, hes taking it very well too, i wont get paid for another week and a bit so i cant see a vet at the moment as i cant afford it, as soon as i get paid im taking him regardless.

he is the best thing in my life and ive had him for 3 years, i rescued him from the brink of death and have never stopped loving this lil dude, hes my fighter
Please go over your surface basking temps - and uvb coil or tube? We need ahbd to take a look and Tracie
@AHBD
@Drache613

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Mushy does have a degree of mouth trauma or rot. The inside color is not the problem, all beardies have a degree of pink/yellow/cream as their natural color in the mouth. The outer edge is crusty and if you can get a couple more pics from that side it might show it better. For now, you can get a product called Maxi Guard to apply with a Q-tip or something. You can use also try betadine diluted with water [ 1 part betadine , 10 parts water ] Raw honey can help as well. It's good that he's still eating from a syringe , just be careful not to irritate that sore area.

moooshy

Original Poster
thank you so much, i have raw honey at the moment so i’ll give that a go, his mouth isn’t as inflamed today and not as scabby too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 63

moooshy

Original Poster
Please go over your surface basking temps - and uvb coil or tube? We need ahbd to take a look and Tracie
@AHBD
@Drache613
hot side stays around 40-41° and his cold side stays around 20-22° i can’t remember what uvb i have but its a deep dome bulb, and his heat lamp is exo terra 100w. kept it this way for the past 4 years

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
hot side stays around 40-41° and his cold side stays around 20-22° i can’t remember what uvb i have but its a deep dome bulb, and his heat lamp is exo terra 100w. kept it this way for the past 4 years
The coil needs to be replaced as soon as possible - I will post link when I get home for what you need-- the basking bulb is good - make sure you have two digital probe thermometers -

moooshy

Original Poster
a week ago is when everything started going weird, he lost all his weight, wouldnt eat or drink (hence my syringe feedings/watering), he still pooped a bit and peed after i would feed him. i switched from a tube to a deep dome like 3-5 months ago. i just wish i could’ve saved him :/

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry you lost your boy so suddenly.:cry:
It sounds like the possibility of kidney or liver issues since it happened pretty quickly. They hide
illness very well.
My condolences for your loss.

Tracie

moooshy

Original Poster
hi tracie, thank you so much

organ failure truly never crossed my mind, i am just in shock so i was looking at simpler options instead of that. it makes sense but all i care is he is no longer in pain and is now able to do whatever he wants wherever he is <3

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know, the awful feeling that accompanies loss is really indescribable to me. It leaves you numb
& shocked, yes. I know that he knew you were there for him.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I;m so sorry to hear this, I know you weren't expecting this and losing them is always a terrible experience. My condolences to you. :(

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom