URGENT - can someone please tell me if this part of shedding or a boil?

Reggie1

Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Hello!

Please see attached photo, is this a boil?

I checked surface temp and it was around 47 Celsius! 100 watt halogen Arcadia globe, should I reduce the wattage??

Thank you so much, really stressed right now

Attachments

• 5D591BAF-2989-4C38-9FDC-2C8FB20000B0.jpeg
    5D591BAF-2989-4C38-9FDC-2C8FB20000B0.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 63

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Shedding, nose plug which is normal. Yes, do get the basking spot down to 40 C ASAP, 47 is way high. You probably have a cool end, what are the temps on that end ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing, were you able to get the temperatures down in the tank?
You definitely have a tiny one there,
I am sure she feels better if the temperatures are under control. Let us know how
things are going.

Tracie

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
I managed to get the surface tank down to 40 Celsius but went up to 44 after a few hours. It is still down from earlier. Cool side temp is 31 Celsius

I think I might invest in a lower wattage bulb. I currently have an Arcadia 100watt halogen globe apparently equivalent to 150watt. Should I attempt a 75Watt clear globe?

Reggie is doing a lot better with the changes but stop don’t want to risk overheating

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I managed to get the surface tank down to 40 Celsius but went up to 44 after a few hours. It is still down from earlier. Cool side temp is 31 Celsius

I think I might invest in a lower wattage bulb. I currently have an Arcadia 100watt halogen globe apparently equivalent to 150watt. Should I attempt a 75Watt clear globe?

Reggie is doing a lot better with the changes but stop don’t want to risk overheating
Yes try the 75 and see what you get for temps -- 31 is too hot for cool side --- 27 would be good

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom