Upgraded from 40 gallon to 120...Scooby is not happy!

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
View attachment 78327
So I just upgraded to a 120 gallon tank, and for the first time in his 5.5 months life, placed the uvb inside (T5 10.00).
It's been two days and he seems to hate it. I know new environs bother beardies, but a couple times a day, he goes to his hide on the warm side (I have a lizard cam inside his viv).
The exposed light is barely 12 inches from him. Should I place it on top of my wide screen mesh?
He is very light (polar hypo trans) and I wonder if this is too intense for him?????

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
View attachment 78327
So I just upgraded to a 120 gallon tank, and for the first time in his 5.5 months life, placed the uvb inside (T5 10.00).
It's been two days and he seems to hate it. I know new environs bother beardies, but a couple times a day, he goes to his hide on the warm side (I have a lizard cam inside his viv).
The exposed light is barely 12 inches from him. Should I place it on top of my wide screen mesh?
He is very light (polar hypo trans) and I wonder if this is too intense for him?????

20230226_170424.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Did you have the camera before? I havectried to use cameras a few different times and my beardies hated them every time.
They see spectrums of light we can't, i think the camera's produce a light they don't like (my camera's have infrared)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Also beardies don't really like their stuffed messed with, yours could just be protesting

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Did you have the camera before? I havectried to use cameras a few different times and my beardies hated them every time.
They see spectrums of light we can't, i think the camera's produce a light they don't like (my camera's have infrared)

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
It's a Kasa camera and it doesn't seem to bother him unless I remotely move the view (sound).

I had the camera for my 1st beardie who died from congenital kidney disease (kept falling) and I had to monitor him.

It's pretty cool because it records all of his activity: I can watch him eating greens or running after an errant roach.

The camera is small and on the outside corner of the viv. I love watching him at work...can take some awesome screenshots of him.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
It's a Kasa camera and it doesn't seem to bother him unless I remotely move the view (sound).

I had the camera for my 1st beardie who died from congenital kidney disease (kept falling) and I had to monitor him.

It's pretty cool because it records all of his activity: I can watch him eating greens or running after an errant roach.

The camera is small and on the outside corner of the viv. I love watching him at work...can take some awesome screenshots of him.
Oh hey - just wanted to say real quick that I have a Kasa camera in my girls room too. It’s great.

I also have the Kasa smart plugs for her basking and her UVB, so I can turn her lights on and off if I’m not home. Those are total lifesavers.

Nice to have the camera and the lights all on one app!

Last edited:

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Oh hey - just wanted to say real quick that I have a Kasa camera in my girls room too. It’s great.

I also have the Kasa smart plugs for her basking and her UVB, so I can turn her lights on and off if I’m not home. Those are total lifesavers.

Nice to have the camera and the lights all on one app!
I had no idea they made smart plugs...very cool.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom