Upgrade and Lighting Question

Mallory.H2O

Beardie name(s)
Vincent
ED88F8A0-5AB6-47BC-B3BD-6127C4189207.jpeg

*Newbie Question*

I decided to upgrade Vincent’s enclosure to a 4x2 Zen Habitat. I ordered new UVB lighting and it’s going to take forever to get here (supply chain? Carrier error? Idk but it’s suddenly very delayed). He’s using the old T8 10 for now. I don’t think it’s close enough… currently about 12 inches away from his basking spot.

Would you recommend hanging it lower? And will he be okay for a little over a week, or would you recommend I run to the pet store soon, and return what comes in the mail? Anybody with a Zen Habitat using Reptisun T8 10? How are you hanging it for optimal health?
Side note: I’m in love with the new setup. Zen had mixed reviews, but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Would love advice on anything else you might suggest. Other light is a 150 watt. Basking temp stayed around 105 today, so we’re good there.

Thanks all!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 71778
*Newbie Question*

I decided to upgrade Vincent’s enclosure to a 4x2 Zen Habitat. I ordered new UVB lighting and it’s going to take forever to get here (supply chain? Carrier error? Idk but it’s suddenly very delayed). He’s using the old T8 10 for now. I don’t think it’s close enough… currently about 12 inches away from his basking spot.

Would you recommend hanging it lower? And will he be okay for a little over a week, or would you recommend I run to the pet store soon, and return what comes in the mail? Anybody with a Zen Habitat using Reptisun T8 10? How are you hanging it for optimal health?
Side note: I’m in love with the new setup. Zen had mixed reviews, but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Would love advice on anything else you might suggest. Other light is a 150 watt. Basking temp stayed around 105 today, so we’re good there.

Thanks all!
Please drop the T 8 down to 8 inches directly above the basking decor till the T 5 comes- then the distance should be 12-15 inches

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom