Update on Scarlett and poop/parasites

Krissy_p

Beardie name(s)
John McClane
Hi all! I posted a few days ago, but after a second dose of ponizural and some purée pumpkin and a bath (on advice from my vet), our girl finally pooped. It’s still not totally solid and it’s smaller than I’d think for not having pooped in a week.

There also appears to be some blood! It’s mostly greens, it appears. She’s had a lot of bugs since her last poop.

She’s not interested in food very much today. The vet told us to get her to eat whatever she was willing to eat. Today that consisted of two pieces of greens and two worms. But then she was done. After her poop, we removed her and my husband gave her a soak while I cleaned her tank with ammonia cleaner (homemade - I ordered F10, but it won’t come until next week).

Any thoughts? Is this poop normal for having worms/being on medication?

She has another appointment on Tuesday.

Attachments

• 2C890A72-5C03-430F-82F1-3EF3D61AF97F.jpeg
    2C890A72-5C03-430F-82F1-3EF3D61AF97F.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 114

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all! I posted a few days ago, but after a second dose of ponizural and some purée pumpkin and a bath (on advice from my vet), our girl finally pooped. It’s still not totally solid and it’s smaller than I’d think for not having pooped in a week.

There also appears to be some blood! It’s mostly greens, it appears. She’s had a lot of bugs since her last poop.

She’s not interested in food very much today. The vet told us to get her to eat whatever she was willing to eat. Today that consisted of two pieces of greens and two worms. But then she was done. After her poop, we removed her and my husband gave her a soak while I cleaned her tank with ammonia cleaner (homemade - I ordered F10, but it won’t come until next week).

Any thoughts? Is this poop normal for having worms/being on medication?

She has another appointment on Tuesday.
Make sure your airing that tank out really good w/ the ammonia ----- I would say yes on the poop --

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The poo looks fine, it might change a bit during + after the meds. but it doesn't look like anything to worry about there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom