Update on my buddy :)

logann._

So about a month ago i posted with some questions about diet etc.. long story short, my beardie was not eating his greens ( only live food ) not pooping regularly and seemed very lethargic.. sense that post i have switched some decor in the tank, purchased a ProT5 UVB kit , and made some slight changes in diet . Now my buddys colors are slowly coming back, he is very active( constantly glass surfing when I enter the room ) and all over his greens. This brings me to my next question. His popping is not quite consistent with a younger bearded dragon. Here lately its been every day- every other day. I purchased my buddy back in September of 2022.. he was not small small then but definitely still a juvenile.. im thinking he is about 6-7 months and going to be on the larger side considering hes measuring in at 16 inches currently. I will attach some pics to see if someone can give there guess on how old he might be ? Thanks:)

Attachments

• IMG_3561.MOV
    6.6 MB
  • IMG_3561.MOV
    6.6 MB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So about a month ago i posted with some questions about diet etc.. long story short, my beardie was not eating his greens ( only live food ) not pooping regularly and seemed very lethargic.. sense that post i have switched some decor in the tank, purchased a ProT5 UVB kit , and made some slight changes in diet . Now my buddys colors are slowly coming back, he is very active( constantly glass surfing when I enter the room ) and all over his greens. This brings me to my next question. His popping is not quite consistent with a younger bearded dragon. Here lately its been every day- every other day. I purchased my buddy back in September of 2022.. he was not small small then but definitely still a juvenile.. im thinking he is about 6-7 months and going to be on the larger side considering hes measuring in at 16 inches currently. I will attach some pics to see if someone can give there guess on how old he might be ? Thanks:)
Where is your uvb? Inside the tank or top of screen? I would say about 6-7 months -

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
On top of the screen, directly over his basking spot.. the screen is a really fine mesh material with lots of little holes in it .
ok so I would get the UVB in the tank directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches - your screen is blocking approx 30% of the rays - if you need things to hang w/ I can post some for you

logann._

Original Poster
ok so I would get the UVB in the tank directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches - your screen is blocking approx 30% of the rays - if you need things to hang w/ I can post some for you
If you could that would be great! Would a couple pieces of strong double sided tape do the trick?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Personally i recommend the zip ties or picture wire, less chance of it falling on him. He looks really good btw 🙂

logann._

Original Poster
You can try it or use these things fishing line-- 3M Velcro fasteners- long plastic zip ties -- picture wire hangers
Gonna make a trip to the store and see what i can do. Do you think it would be better off right over the basking spot or towards the back of the tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Gonna make a trip to the store and see what i can do. Do you think it would be better off right over the basking spot or towards the back of the tank?
As close to the basking area as you can get it - back is fine just not right on the back wall - he needs to be able to sit directly under it

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom