Up early on Christmas morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was out in the living room where we keep the terrarium early yesterday morning; the heat lamps were still out with the dishtowel still covering the top, but all of a sudden I noticed that Puff had come out of his "burrito" and down the ramp from the basking platform where he usually sleeps after we tuck him in at night. It was almost an hour before the lights were due to be turned on but he seemed to be wide awake. Very unusual -- I don't remember him ever doing that before.

I took him out and cuddled him, although I was afraid that it might have something to do with an upcoming poop that could have landed in my lap, since I didn't see anything in the towel he'd been wrapped up in for the night, or on the floor in the terrarium. Nothing happened, so I finally put him back and turned on the lights a little early.

My husband suggested that maybe he knew it was Christmas, so he was expecting some extra treats. He got some crickets and roaches a little later (and a few bites of greens that I don't think he particularly enjoyed :roll: but I guess I should be glad that we can even get him to eat any greens at all), and we eventually noticed a small poop on the floor of the terrarium after all, even though we couldn't figure out when he had put it there -- he was real sneaky about it.

Just another quiet Christmas at the Bailey's :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Could it possibley be that some fat dude in a red suit and hat ,woke him up a scared the :shock: buggers :shock: out of him!! Who could sleep after that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
:lol
Gormagon":3guy1eto said:
Could it possible be that some fat dude in a red suit and hat woke him up a scared the :shock: buggers :shock: out of him!! Who could sleep after that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Gormagon":1wiapcku said:
Could it possibley be that some fat dude in a red suit and hat ,woke him up a scared the :shock: buggers :shock: out of him!! Who could sleep after that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
There were several sightings of the fat dude in the red suit in our neighborhood, with his little herd of flying caribou (Alaskan reindeer), but there was no evidence that he stopped at our house. We don't have a chimney and we're probably on his "naughty" list anyway :wink:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
SHBailey":2ef7ij4a said:
There were several sightings of the fat dude in the red suit in our neighborhood, with his little herd of flying caribou (Alaskan reindeer), but there was no evidence that he stopped at our house. We don't have a chimney and we're probably on his "naughty" list anyway :wink:
Probably just checking up on puff :roll: :roll: :roll: . You need to do a thorough inspection of the kitchen...... I have heard that he likes cookies, cakes and milk. You don't have to have a chimney for him to get in, he always seems to do it no matter how hard I try to keep him out, lol!!!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Gormagon":1s2yv6bs said:
SHBailey":1s2yv6bs said:
Probably just checking up on puff :roll: :roll: :roll: . You need to do a thorough inspection of the kitchen...... I have heard that he likes cookies, cakes and milk. You don't have to have a chimney for him to get in, he always seems to do it no matter how hard I try to keep him out, lol!!!

Haha!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Come to think of it, all the fudge is gone. But I'm afraid I have to admit that I've probably got no one to blame for that but myself :oops:

I definitely can't blame Puff -- He doesn't like "sweets". Never have been able to interest him in any kind of fruit at all, and lucky if he'll even touch greens or squash. He seems to think he's supposed to be a strict carnivore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom