Unusual Beardie

My bearded dragon, Pogona, possesses very odd traits. She's both male and female. I know this because she has laid over three clutches of eggs for me (around 30 each time), and she has also gotten my female bearded dragon, which she used to be housed with, pregnant. She produces sperm, and even get's sperm plugs. I have asked anyone if they have experienced the same occurrence, but no one has.

I wonder if she developed hemipenes over time, or if she has always had them. I still love her with my all, but man is she a pain in the butt

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is she .......... Trans?? I know I know bad joke lol, but I couldn't resist 🤪😜🤪😜

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Trans in beardie stands for the transluscent morph . :) Forrest T. your female is just a female, unless the other female laid fertile eggs. Both male + female beardies can either fight with beardies of their own sex or display breeding behavior and mount them .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom