Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
PudgysMom":1vwi20wa said:
Christine,

THANK YOU!!!! SO MUCH!!!

I appreciate all this info.

Your very welcome, keep in touch and let me know how it goes.

I forgot to mention where to get the thermometer if you don't have one. Walmart has one around 12.00, you don't want to use the stick on thermometers, they're not accurate.
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=digital+thermometer&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0
It's the Acurite Digital Thermometer, put one probe on the warm side and the other on the cool side.

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Thanks, I have one of those that you point and shoot for the temp (digital), but I'd like something to put in her terrarium. Thanks for the recommendation!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Good to know. I'll get one just to keep in there, but also keep the point in shoot. I am being overly cautious LOL.

Thanks for the link for the bulb! :idea:

sillyjax30

:D You SO Rock!!! I purchased two 24" reptisun 10 bulbs on that site for a great deal. One for now, one for backup.

I am a newbie to this site...just adopted my first ever Beardie named "Jose" (for now...until we determine the sex). He is almost 5 months old and amazing. I am totally smitten...

I have been reading a HUGE amount of information and finally made purchases for bulbs, habitat, climbing toys...etc. Thank you for all the info about all of the above. This site is so awesome - I will be a frequent visitor. Hopefully will get pics posted of Jose soon...

Take care and thank you for this amazing site!!!

Jacquie (and Jose)

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Jacquie, I also just got Pudgy the ReptiSun 10.0. Then also got a floodlight 65W since it's summer here in San Diego.

She is already doing so much better it is awesome! HAPPY DANCE! :blob8: :blob5:

Christine, when I use the point in shoot, do I just point it at Pudgy to get the temp readings in the terrarium or do I point it somewhere else? I always wondered that.

Next is to order the acidophliz.I've looked in two places here and no one seems to have it. I am going to try one more tomorrow and if not, have it rushed to me online.

Thank you again! :D

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
sillyjax30":swgg6w94 said:
:D You SO Rock!!! I purchased two 24" reptisun 10 bulbs on that site for a great deal. One for now, one for backup.

I am a newbie to this site...just adopted my first ever Beardie named "Jose" (for now...until we determine the sex). He is almost 5 months old and amazing. I am totally smitten...

I have been reading a HUGE amount of information and finally made purchases for bulbs, habitat, climbing toys...etc. Thank you for all the info about all of the above. This site is so awesome - I will be a frequent visitor. Hopefully will get pics posted of Jose soon...

Take care and thank you for this amazing site!!!

Jacquie (and Jose)

Well welcome to the site........and yes, it is indeed a wealth of information. We all help each other here and beardies do become addicting, (I have 7)
I'm so glad you purchased the reptisun 10 and were able to adopt a new beardie. Maybe I could help you determine whether Jose is male or female. If you hold your beardie in the palm of your hand, and with the other hold his/her tail up gently, and have someone take a pic, you need to get a good shot of the vent area (where they poop from) and above that area. You probably will need someone to help you.............

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
PudgysMom":1t7u1hm0 said:
Jacquie, I also just got Pudgy the ReptiSun 10.0. Then also got a floodlight 65W since it's summer here in San Diego.

Christine, when I use the point in shoot, do I just point it at Pudgy to get the temp readings in the terrarium or do I point it somewhere else? I always wondered that.

Next is to order the acidophliz.I've looked in two places here and no one seems to have it. I am going to try one more tomorrow and if not, have it rushed to me online.

Hi there,
I usually point my thermometer pointing straight down toward the spot where my dragon will be basking, I'll have to experiment tomorrow and point it on one of my dragons to see if there is a reading difference.

The pet stores usually carry only the acidophilus called benebac, here's what it looks like, either powder or little squeeze tubes.
http://www.jefferspet.com/bene-bac-for-pets/p/4157/
I much prefer ordering it on line, (examples of what I sent you earlier) I'm so glad your baby is improving with the new lighting.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
PudgysMom":3egihxcc said:

Hi! Wow, sounds like you are loving the wonderful world of beardies! I have only a minute but want to give you the link of where to purchase the acidophoiz :D It is from Tracie on the boards here. She is amazing and has helped and is helping so many of us that I like to let people know where they can get supplements etc. Here is her link: http://bug-de-lite.com/Products Page.html The liquid calcium is another great product and comes in 3 flavors :D Can you tell I love to send people there??? LOL

We love lots of pics! :blob5:

civicblend97

Hatchling Member
sweetiepie9":zb2v5uqd said:
We bought two Solar Glos, one is still working fine, but the 2nd stopped giving out UVB. Didi kept avoiding the lamp by going to his cool side all the time. So we got him a power sun 160, I'm not sure how long it takes for the bad effects to stop. He's doing better & pooped for the first time in 6 days :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: there was much celebration, I don't like my babies getting back effects from their UVB lights. They depend on those UVB lights, be it MVB or tube, they can't live well without it.

Deb

Rexi has stopped basking....so i'm guessing my solor glo is bad

well this just makes me mad! i have been using the solar-glo for my girls since january last year and had it replaced once due to it burning out after only 2-3 months of use. also i just spent another 50 bucks on a new solar glo for my male beardie's new home. did i just waste my money here? the bulbs are hugely expensive and now i am supposed to find something else. they told me at the store last year that these were the best available and i shouldn't use anything else or need any other basking light. i use the infrared at night for heat and those keep the tank warmer than the solar-glo alone in the day.
still i found i had to use an extra basking light to get the tank warm enough, the solar glo didn't do it.

what do you recommend i use now that is effective and long lasting?
also right now its summer so my gang gets at least 3 hours of real sun each day in their outdoor pen. is that sufficient for them? once winter comes they will be inside and bored to crocodile tears. they can't wait to get outside in the morning, they go nuts as soon as they see me walk into the room and start scratching to get outside.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
If you want to stick with a MVB, than right now the Powersun is the best one. I get the Powersun 160 because the 100 doesn't give off enough heat.. It has been tested by members on here, and gives off good UVB..

A lot of members on here also use the reptisun 10.0. This doesn't give off heat, so you will need an additional basking bulb to use with this. Your beardie needs to be able to get within 6-8" of this light.. If you go with the reptisun, this is the one you want..

http://www.reptiledirect.com/reptisun100uvb1.aspx

You will need to get a fixture for this, they sell them at Walmart. Also, you want this light to cover 3/4 of your viv.

Definately ditch the Solar Glo, can you get a refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom