Unfortunate News regarding Solar Glo MVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

Hatchling Member
If you're going to upgrade, you might as well get a 40g or more. Criagslist usually has very cheap tanks, since you don't need it to hold water. A 20g might last until they are 1 or 2 months old, max. Otherwise it is way too cramped.

I'm just sticking with 10.0's until MegaRay gets theirs fixed.

LaPrice

Hatchling Member
ah, thanks for the tip. I knew we would need a 40gal at some point, their just not too cheap XD. I'll see craigslist and possibly amazon but i think i've looked unsuccessfully at amazon before.

boxers

Hatchling Member
On the Mega-Ray's website, reptileuv.com:

September 14, 2010
New and Improved Mega-Ray® bulbs available soon!

September 29, 2010
After months of pounding on our factories to give me what I originally designed, bulbs are on their way! Our new commitment is to never be out of stock again (providing of course that the stock is the world's best and safest lighting).

October 7, 2010
Partial Second order of 100wt and 160wt bulbs received from new factory. Shipping back orders and "returns" has begun!

-------

So, according to this, the "new" bulbs have been out since Oct 7 (...right?), nearly a month. Has anyone tested these yet? Is the problem fixed? Crossing my fingers and holding my breath. :silent:

boxers

Hatchling Member
November 5, 2010

We have 1500 bulbs coming in of every wattage due by the end of the month or BEFORE. We will post again when the bulbs arrive! One of our phone lines went down due to technical problems and with the cold weather coming in we got a rush of calls and orders in the last 2 weeks, call backs are almost caught up and our phone lines fixed.

--

Still holding my breath :silent:
Did anyone receive one of these on back order and have a chance to test it yet?

boxers

Hatchling Member
By the end of the month or before... I'm getting really worked up now. If anyone is or will be testing these, please let us know! The suspense is awful! D:

boxers

Hatchling Member
November 24, 2010

Bulbs are ready and on their way to us! We'll have 1500 bulbs in by the end of next week all orders will be filled shortly there after. We'll be testing and shipping 24/7 till all orders are taken care of!

Next month we'll start to be supplied by our 2nd manufacturer then we'll have unlimited bulbs and new products coming soon after.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
alohareptiles":36v2vysu said:
So has anyone got the new bulbs and have any reviews??

This thread is about the Solar Glo's. I wasn't sure if you were asking about them or the Megaray?

Poltergiest916

Just to add... (hello everyone btw) I bought a Solar Glo right before purchasing our beardie "Speedy" (4 months old) two weeks ago and it seemed to work really well for the first week. Me being new to beardies (First timer) I thought that a consistent temp of right around 100.5 f was enough. After the first week, I noticed Speedy had some darkening which turned into shedding, which sounded normal, right? But after the shed he appeared to be slightly unanimated and not as interested in eating, and still a darker color than normal (normal fom what I saw in a week). Well come to find out, I temp probed exact same basking spot with same room temp and it was more like 98 f. I ran off to the store with my receipts, and they exchanged it -no problem. I replaced the lamp housing and lamp just to be safe. I get home and now the new bulb is at right around (and stays) 106 f, and I swear that he's smilling and happy now. He's certainly been suffering from being too cold. Can someone tell me what the most CONSISTENT UVB/UVA/HEAT (sun simulating) bulb is?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Poltergiest916":2aqtwhdi said:
Just to add... (hello everyone btw) I bought a Solar Glo right before purchasing our beardie "Speedy" (4 months old) two weeks ago and it seemed to work really well for the first week. Me being new to beardies (First timer) I thought that a consistent temp of right around 100.5 f was enough. After the first week, I noticed Speedy had some darkening which turned into shedding, which sounded normal, right? But after the shed he appeared to be slightly unanimated and not as interested in eating, and still a darker color than normal (normal fom what I saw in a week). Well come to find out, I temp probed exact same basking spot with same room temp and it was more like 98 f. I ran off to the store with my receipts, and they exchanged it -no problem. I replaced the lamp housing and lamp just to be safe. I get home and now the new bulb is at right around (and stays) 106 f, and I swear that he's smilling and happy now. He's certainly been suffering from being too cold. Can someone tell me what the most CONSISTENT UVB/UVA/HEAT (sun simulating) bulb is?

Welcome to the forum,
Unfortunately, the most reliable uvb is the reptison 10.0 right now, then of course along with using a basking light for heat, many of us have gone this route till the continuing saga with the MVB's straightens out.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Personally as a diehard MVB user I have to agree with Christine. :wink:
I also changed to the Reptisun 10.0 last year.

boxers

Hatchling Member
diamc":34rq8ai4 said:
This thread is about the Solar Glo's. I wasn't sure if you were asking about them or the Megaray?

I'm sorry, I thought it was about MVBs in general- I didn't see that there is a MegaRay thread as well. :oops: My above posts can be either deleted or moved to the other thread. Apologies for the confusion!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Not to worry, it's like all our MVBs just stopped being good lights. It was very frustrating, as we use Power Suns. We're fostering 2 beardies & so their owner got Solar Glos, as she didn't realize she'd have to change the lights before she left for Japan. They seem to be working fine & she bought them in July. So I guess we're just lucky in getting two that worked.

As for Megaray, their lights are supposed to be the best on the market. Glad to hear their issues are resolved.
Deb

boxers

Hatchling Member
SUPPOSEDLY resolved... but their customer service is so bad that you won't even get the bulb to try it out. ;D

I'm definitely switching over the the ReptiSuns. They are literally the only good, reliable light anymore I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom