Undigested food? (Pics inside)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Chubbs ended up going to the bathroom today and I noticed she had undigested food and it's alarming. She had Butterworms and Superworms like whole Butterworms is this cause for concern wondering if i should make a emergency vet visit. Before it was hard BSFL and this time it's Butterworms and Superworms

Note: She is in a clean bin for baths not the actual tub we shower in

Attachments

• 20220517_105104.jpg
    20220517_105104.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20220517_105102.jpg
    20220517_105102.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220517_105052.jpg
    20220517_105052.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 89

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Mines was doing the same thing I could see them in his poop. I have stopped feeding him worms for now and just strictly giving him dubias.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Mines was doing the same thing I could see them in his poop. I have stopped feeding him worms for now and just strictly giving him dubias.
It's the weirdest thing I have had her for a good 4-5 yrs and I never seen this before im guessing it may be because she scarfs them down and doesn't chew

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
It's the weirdest thing I have had her for a good 4-5 yrs and I never seen this before im guessing it may be because she scarfs them down and doesn't chew
Exactly what it is. If I put 20 in a bowl I know he was eating 6-7 of them at time. They be gone in less than a min. He was basically eating and swallowing them. Luckily they weren’t moving in his poop but they were still whole like the one you posted.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Exactly what it is. If I put 20 in a bowl I know he was eating 6-7 of them at time. They be gone in less than a min. He was basically eating and swallowing them. Luckily they weren’t moving in his poop but they were still whole like the one you posted
At first I thought it was just the outer skin of a superworm but it was sorta like a version of a mushy hornworm that has been popped. Was pretty much hollow it smelled absolutely terrible and out of 6-7 butterworms only 1-2 came out like that. I freaked and thought it was a parasite till I picked it up and realized it was a butterworm (thankfully)

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Your braver than me i wouldn’t be able to pick it up. I’m just sticking to roaches for right now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys my Chubbs ended up going to the bathroom today and I noticed she had undigested food and it's alarming. She had Butterworms and Superworms like whole Butterworms is this cause for concern wondering if i should make a emergency vet visit. Before it was hard BSFL and this time it's Butterworms and Superworms

Note: She is in a clean bin for baths not the actual tub we shower in
What are your basking temps? Usually that is from not hot enough surface basking temps-- they need to be taken w a digital probe thermometer- is she inhaling them and how many are you feeding?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
What are your basking temps? Usually that is from not hot enough surface basking temps-- they need to be taken w a digital probe thermometer- is she inhaling them and how many are you feeding?
She eats them one after another literally not chewing them at all my basking is around 100 ambient hot side is 95 cool side is 70-80. She inhales them like it's nothing I been trying to get her to chase her food. I normally put them in front of her and she eats them in bunches. She went to the bathroom today and she had more BSFL in her poop especially the hard ones but no butterworms I believe or hornworms she will eat 4-5 BSFL at once

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She eats them one after another literally not chewing them at all my basking is around 100 ambient hot side is 95 cool side is 70-80. She inhales them like it's nothing I been trying to get her to chase her food. I normally put them in front of her and she eats them in bunches. She went to the bathroom today and she had more BSFL in her poop especially the hard ones but no butterworms I believe or hornworms she will eat 4-5 BSFL at once
Ok she needs to chew them up -- are you feeding them alone or on top of her salads? Is Chubs a baby or a juvie or a adult?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok she needs to chew them up -- are you feeding them alone or on top of her salads? Is Chubs a baby or a juvie or a adult?
She is a adult but she is a bit special she doesn't eat salads and she goes bonkers for her insects so I thought maybe using BSFL as a staple would work. So if she is hungry she can eat as many BSFL as she wants and she wouldn't gain weight she acts like she is starving when she sees bugs. I did notice I could wrap insects in her greens so she eats 1 bug but it's wrapped in salad and she can't pick them out and after I wrap them she loses interest in eating it due to the salad

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She is a adult but she is a bit special she doesn't eat salads and she goes bonkers for her insects so I thought maybe using BSFL as a staple would work. So if she is hungry she can eat as many BSFL as she wants and she wouldn't gain weight she acts like she is starving when she sees bugs. I did notice I could wrap insects in her greens so she eats 1 bug but it's wrapped in salad and she can't pick them out and after I wrap them she losing interest in eats it due to the salad
That's an idea and have not seen that done - my now 4 yr old is just eating salads- it has taken me this long to get him to eat salads but that has been me putting salads in his tank everyday and using 1-3 super worms to lure him to the bowl- he does not like bsfl

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That's an idea and have not seen that done - my now 4 yr old is just eating salads- it has taken me this long to get him to eat salads but that has been me putting salads in his tank everyday and using 1-3 super worms to lure him to the bowl- he does not like bsfl
She scoffs at it honestly I tried everything i even got powdered bee pollen but none of it entices either of my dragons. Amber knows when she is full when it cones to worms for example I gave Amber 5 butterworms after that she didn't want more. And Chubbs well she doesn't have a limit she will eat not stop if i let her I have even tried giving her salad and just that and she won't touch it. Im wondering if i need to somehow switch up my salad something that's a mix? I do Escarole Collard greens and Kale with occasional Dandelion greens I tried put carrots and fruit but nothing works I was told they love fruit but neither do

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She scoffs at it honestly I tried everything i even got powdered bee pollen but none of it entices either of my dragons. Amber knows when she is full when it cones to worms for example I gave Amber 5 butterworms after that she didn't want more. And Chubbs well she doesn't have a limit she will eat not stop if i let her I have even tried giving her salad and just that and she won't touch it. Im wondering if i need to somehow switch up my salad something that's a mix? I do Escarole Collard greens and Kale with occasional Dandelion greens I tried put carrots and fruit but nothing works I was told they love fruit but neither do
Just keep offering the salads and cut back on the treat worms -butter worms super worms or what ever your feeding - shes holding out for those worms - the salads is the main way they get their hydration - I would cut your main staple insect down to 2 times per week and offer the salads every day --- she will eat if shes hungry --

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just keep offering the salads and cut back on the treat worms -butter worms super worms or what ever your feeding - shes holding out for those worms - the salads is the main way they get their hydration - I would cut your main staple insect down to 2 times per week and offer the salads every day --- she will eat if shes hungry --
I have seen my Chubbs hold out for weeks for those 2 days i do give her bugs she has "lost" weight at times just from holding out. I give fresh greens every morning soon as I turn the lights on im hoping to boost both of my beardies exercise activities. Hoping it will give them the activity and they need and the natural sunlight will help

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I recently switched to just feeding superworms because of a parasite problem, and it was all I could get my beardie to eat. The vet didn't flinch when I told her this, and my beardie just finished her final round of meds (almost a month and a half later...) And she is still only eating superworms as a staple. She is 8 months old, temps are by the book and she is in a 60+ gal melamine tank. Brand new uvb and two basking lights on one side.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom