Undigested food in poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinG

hello everyone,

What would cause food to look like it hasnt be digested when he poops? Today it looked as tho he simply pooped out the greens he had eaten the day before. I sometimes notice this is the case with superworms too. Just pieces of them show up. His basking temp is 105 and I use the reptisun 10, its new as of a few months ago. Figured I would add that stuff in just incase someone needed the info! He's 6 months old and just over 16 inches..

Thanks in advance!

verbharr

I came to the forum to ask this very question! This has never happened before. Decko's poop has always been regular - once a day, white urate, green or brown poop in a sac, no variation. Now for two days she has pooped what looks like little cricket carcasses and undigested greens.

She is probably about 7 months old, eats 1-2 times each day, has a basking temp of 100 degrees and I haven't noticed any other changes in her behavior or habits.

Should I be worried?

Lisa

verbharr

I just did a more thorough check and her basking temp is more like 105 degrees. There haven't been any changes in temps or bulbs. I have a reptisun 5.0 that is only about 3 months old.

dawnki

Juvie Member
How close is the basking lamp to your dragon?

I would up your basking temps-----like around 110. Dragons need high heat to be able to fully digest their meals.

My dragon had a bout of this once ----undigested particles in his poop---- and turning up the basking lamp solved the problem.

good luck!

verbharr---you need to purchase a repti-sun 10.0 lamp-----it emits more UVB lighting that is essential for your dragon.

verbharr

I have a reptisun 10.0 that I will use is a month or two. I just wanted to get the most out of this. Also, I notice that she is spending a great deal of time on the floor of her cage. She is choosing to be away from the lamp. I will try a different bulb and see how it goes.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom