umbilical cord wrapped around Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
We got a dragon from my cousin, the umbilical cord was wrapped around it's back and now it's got an indent on it's side is this going to end up killing him. he had 2 born like this the other one died.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I dont think they have unbilical cords. I could be wrong. But those connect mother to child. I'm probably just stupid and don't know.
But I'm sure he'll be fine if he is still alive and eating.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
How old is he now?

It's not uncommon for people to lose one or two babies in general from a breeding from what I've read.

I wouldnt worry. Could be just a coincidence.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They have yolk sacs at their navel, but they don't have, technically speaking, an umbilical cord. The yolk sac is normally absorbed by them through their navel & as soon as it is absorbed, the navel area just closes up & seals up.
Can you post a picture of that?

Tracie

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Drache613":554b6 said:
Hello,

They have yolk sacs at their navel, but they don't have, technically speaking, an umbilical cord. The yolk sac is normally absorbed by them through their navel & as soon as it is absorbed, the navel area just closes up & seals up.
Can you post a picture of that?

Tracie

That's what I thought, and wanted to say, I just didn't want to sound like an ***** if I were wrong. haha.

Anyways, if there is any sort of "dent" in him it was probably bumped and damage while he was developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom