Uh-oh I got a new baby beardie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
BeardieMommy3991":1mdvxy3h said:
Wow! :) She is growing like a weed! :shock: Has she shed yet? (Did heather ever comment back?)

YES she did answer back and I forgot to come back here and relay the information! I am terrible! She said Toothless is the most tangerine dragon that she has seen from that pairing, and the color must come from one of the grandparents, a hypo tangerine. :D

And YES we were just talking about that last night - the Rankins are forever babies. They are the size of our three month old beardies! I was commenting that they just never grow up like the others. Spring and Myron are 4 and 5 months old and they are now learning to sit with us and be patient and they don't run off on a whim. The Rankins are a year old and they act like a 3 month old baby beardie.

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
I haven't been getting notifications about this thread. I thought you were just so busy you stopped posting.
Everyone is getting so big. I absolutely love the pic of the girls looking out the window! Tazz loves doing that too. She can sit there for hours and watch the world go by. Silly girl

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
tazznzeppelin":2dc5w3ag said:
I haven't been getting notifications about this thread. I thought you were just so busy you stopped posting.
Everyone is getting so big. I absolutely love the pic of the girls looking out the window! Tazz loves doing that too. She can sit there for hours and watch the world go by. Silly girl

LOL I have been sporadic in posting because we have just been so darned busy! We have so many threads to keep up with these days! I will have to check in on your babies, too. Hope you have been posting or keeping up their thread. The time goes by and then the threads are auto-locked...! I have a few locked threads out there so I have started putting them in this thread.

Here are a few pics taken today of the kids.

Here is Gummy Bear. We are waiting patiently to see how this pretty girl turn out. She is completely different from any other baby in her clutch. She is also very sweet.
8068927928_103cd75d77.jpg

Remember Mecca, who fit on my finger when I got her? She was 5 grams the day we brought her home, today she is 79 grams.
8068927066_79a98e357d.jpg

And we got Lemon Drop the same day as Mecca. Lemon is a whopping 136 grams today and very shy and sweet.
8068930951_0cb446f6ca.jpg

And our Maya turned a year old on Oct 1st and got to sleep on a bed of teddy bears. She is such a princess.
8068928996_e5eeff2b12.jpg

And here is Brutis spending some time in the garden with me. He enjoys being outside.
8068932057_741fa58bf4.jpg

And lastly, this is Sonora, one of the Rankins Dragons. She's always fat looking, but this is part fat and part air. :) LOL
8068972202_4a9c5dd765.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Shanny, how beautiful they all are! I know how busy you are and how many threads you keep track of, especially the Rescue on Facebook, so glad you were able to update on some of your crew.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
They're all so pretty. Gummy Bear is going to be really interesting to watch grow up, so unique. I have to be better about putting up photos. I'm a terrible momma. I only have one and can't get any up. Odahviing was 17.25 inches and 573 grams yesterday, little fatty. She'll be about a year, we estimate, in November. So she is SO overdue. Maybe I should get her teddies to sleep on like pretty Maya.

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
I agree Gummy Bear is very different looking. I have a real soft spot for leatherbacks, I think they are so cute. And Mecca has grown so much! She is almost unrecognizable from the tiny itty bitty baby that she was. The smallest one we got with the 6 new ones weighed just 7 grams! She has doubled that now but she's still tiny. One of the guys I work with is gonna keep her and I'm glad because I think she's gonna require a little extra attention like Zeppelin did. What is your rescue group on facebook called? I would love to check it out.
Amy

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Menolly07":2mryx43h said:
They're all so pretty. Gummy Bear is going to be really interesting to watch grow up, so unique. I have to be better about putting up photos. I'm a terrible momma. I only have one and can't get any up. Odahviing was 17.25 inches and 573 grams yesterday, little fatty. She'll be about a year, we estimate, in November. So she is SO overdue. Maybe I should get her teddies to sleep on like pretty Maya.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is so funny about the teddies. We are still couchless so I don't have anywhere for the dragons to sleep in the living room, other than the tile floor. I drug the bin of yard sale beanie buddies into the living room to at least give a nice soft spot. I need to go and check out your thread. I can only imagine I will be shocked at how big Odie is now. Almost a YEAR old... :shock:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
tazznzeppelin":1mbax7oa said:
I agree Gummy Bear is very different looking. I have a real soft spot for leatherbacks, I think they are so cute. And Mecca has grown so much! She is almost unrecognizable from the tiny itty bitty baby that she was. The smallest one we got with the 6 new ones weighed just 7 grams! She has doubled that now but she's still tiny. One of the guys I work with is gonna keep her and I'm glad because I think she's gonna require a little extra attention like Zeppelin did. What is your rescue group on facebook called? I would love to check it out.
Amy

I really liked leatherbacks, too - just because of the color saturation that is more visible without all the spikes, but honestly I have a weakness for the spikey dragons. I just love a good scaly and spikey dragon. 7 grams is tiny, Amy. It amazes me that you can get them in the PetStores at under 10 grams and pray you don't kill it before it reaches 20 grams. LOL sad but true.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
These are my two sweethearts, Myron and Spring. They are both a bit over 300 grams. Spring was born 3/20 and Myron 4/15. They are still very sweet together and get along like best friends. We have their tanks side-by-side and you know if you feed Myron a worm, you better have one for Spring. They have to be treated equally. :lol: Last week I had Spring & Myron on my lap in the living room and Chief was bobbing at them from inside his home, and Myron moved close to Spring and licked her head, then went down to her tail and licked her back and tail, and put his hand on her while he bearded at Chief. Spring is terrified of Chief, and as she seemed to become more nervous Myron seemed to lick her more and get defensive. My other dragons just don't interact quite like these two.

8139266651_ac4a16e769.jpg

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Your dragons are so beautiful!

I *love* Brutis! He looks so mischievous with his shiny black eyes!

And MAYA, possibly the BRIGHTEST dragon I've ever seen! WOW the colors on her are amazing! She looks so pleased with herself on the pile of teddy bears. I swear, I think most beardies truly enjoy soft and plushy stuff. :love5:

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
That is such a cute story! I would have loved to see that. My babies all just wave, wave , wave at Zeppelin. It's kinda like " wer'e not worthy " or " please don't eat us" I'm not sure which. lol
I didn't get the babies from the pet store, Cheryl from Rio Reptiles shipped them to me. She knew I had enough sense not to kill them, although they were quite small. But I know what you mean about the pet stores. I walk in to get supplies sometimes and I'm amazed at how tiny the babies are. Someone with no experience could kill them quite easily.
Amy :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Dooter":etsj108e said:
Your dragons are so beautiful!

I *love* Brutis! He looks so mischievous with his shiny black eyes!

And MAYA, possibly the BRIGHTEST dragon I've ever seen! WOW the colors on her are amazing! She looks so pleased with herself on the pile of teddy bears. I swear, I think most beardies truly enjoy soft and plushy stuff. :love5:

Thank you! :oops:

Brutis is a rag doll and very sweet but he is also very manly and likes to beard and bob and the other males when he sees them. There is definitely mischief in him. Maya is very cuddly and sweet and gets along with anyone. She is a microscale so you can pet her backwards and she is still smooth, but she has scales and is not a silkback. They are all so different and I love them all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom