Types of silicone adhesive

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
So I had just read something online about most silicone is not safe for viv use? I have put my whole Rock wall inside with this but I have used dry lock to seal. After a few coats of dry lock do you think it would matter there shouldn’t be any fumes coming through from under the foam right ? Someone please tell me if GE tub and tile is ok with a few coats of dry lock? I’m not putting her in there till I get some other opinions. Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I had just read something online about most silicone is not safe for viv use? I have put my whole Rock wall inside with this but I have used dry lock to seal. After a few coats of dry lock do you think it would matter there shouldn’t be any fumes coming through from under the foam right ? Someone please tell me if GE tub and tile is ok with a few coats of dry lock? I’m not putting her in there till I get some other opinions. Thank you
@CooperDragon @Claudiusx

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
@AHBD
I know you’ve done diy projects what do you think? I have put 3 really thick coats of grey dry lock on it and do not see so much as a pin hole. I filled up any gaps real good with expanding foam as well. Do you think the silicone I used would have a negative effect or with all the coats and protection would I be ok?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Really appreciate it Brandon! How long should I leave 3 coats to cure? Will 24 hours do? Btw safe paints will this do? And should I apply it with dry lock mixed it or? Would you happen to know sorry for all the questions just want it to be as dragon friendly as possible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 127

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ultimately once something is fully cured, it won't be releasing fumes anymore. Are you going to be sealing over the paint? Typically you'd do your grout layer, then your color/painting layer, then a sealant.

-Brandon

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I actually am not happy with my colors I threw on there. So I’m gonna go over it again with grey dry lock mixed with a black to give it a charcoaled color and go over all of it leaving a hint of red here and there. Would that be good or should I seal again I don’t have anything clear expect that polyurethane. I am going over again with grey and black dry lock. I do not like this color at all

Attachments

• 1DB14720-F129-4D93-9909-E0916BD92A61.jpeg
    1DB14720-F129-4D93-9909-E0916BD92A61.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 127

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
So I mixed gray dry lock with a chestnut brown and I think I’m finally happy with it color wise

Attachments

• F918C9AE-E15F-4685-AEA3-A2A200A3B8FF.jpeg
    F918C9AE-E15F-4685-AEA3-A2A200A3B8FF.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 1FA8C496-1C63-4AFE-92EF-30599ED31EB6.jpeg
    1FA8C496-1C63-4AFE-92EF-30599ED31EB6.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 136

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
Where did you get that paint from you ended up going with in the end?
I’m going to be doing a build here in the next few weeks and I like the color you have there.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I don't see longfellow on here much anymore, i think he is mostly doing youtube videos now.

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
Thanks xp29
I saw on his profile that he was on here the 22 of December maybe that was his once a quarter viewing.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Things have really slowed down here with my forums and videos. A Lot going on with the family and work. I found my paints at hobby lobby but they also have that brand at Wal-Mart I believe. Dinky if and when you do drylock to seal use charcoal grey drylock and the chestnut brown together you will get that natural sandish rocky goldfish grey color. I hope all goes well with your build DIY are so rewarding and the way to go. Don't rush things take your time and keep us updated we would Love to see your project 😁 btw wasssuuuup XP ! HOWS IT GOING!?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
After awhile the heat will make the color a little bleaker this is what it looks like these days. Frey'ja is being a bum lately lmao we get rough winters here

Attachments

• 16732079183932555582684820665418.jpg
    16732079183932555582684820665418.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 75

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom