Type of dragon and sex?

Darkoshi

Sold as a female leatherback sandfire.. but he don't look lb... anyways what you guys think. Looks like a baby male dragon regular like gary.

A more revealing peek

Last edited:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Definitely not a leatherback. If that's what was sold to you, and you specifically ordered a leatherback, I'd be reaching out to the dealer to see what's up.

Hard to tell gender from the picture you provided. May also just be too young to sex accurately via picture.

-Brandon

Darkoshi

Original Poster
Guy who gave it to me bought 2 for 200 each, leatherback sandfire siblings from the reptile store in brantford ON.. The other is a leatherback and femaleish looking. This little guy looks like a regular baby ur right lol. I was expect female lb and so confused. But whatever

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Definitely not a leatherback, actually a very spikey dragon. Hopefully he/she will turn out to be a happy + healthy pet. There's always the chance that the color may develop so it will be interesting watching her grow. :)

Darkoshi

Original Poster
Ya I'm happy ethier way. Unique and interesting dragon. They all are pretty unique I find... very active and spunky. Havnt thought of a name having troubles since I cant figure out sex might try flashlight. Maybe galakron if male. To go with gary.. lol here's the both of them when I get him like a week ago.. so small lawl

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, your other dragon is huge. Be super careful and don't even pose them together because a big dragon can move quickly and kill the smaller one with a powerful bite.

Darkoshi

Original Poster
Ya gary is a beast but he is a gentle giant, never shows aggression unless like female mating. But I trained him to not bite when he does that too. I spray water in his.mouth and he gags and stops and **** and he learns how to do it without biting lol... using his hands like people do.. anyways I find it strange that he sold as female leatherback and ended up extra spikes and like spiker spikes. Is this common? I have never seen this. This is gary my big boi regular sold as "fancy" at superset...

And this is Vaelastraz.. or Vael my new guy. It's a boy I can tell from by body structure. He has extra spikes.. even on his face.. under his lip.. where gary and all other dragons I've seen don't have.. they can have extra spikes¿

Has any seen extra face spikes before?

Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Whoever sold you the dragon and said it was a leatherback either truly didn't know, in which case they are not experienced with dragons in any way, or deceived you purposely. Either way, not a trustworthy breeder.

Darkoshi

Original Poster
Whoever sold you the dragon and said it was a leatherback either truly didn't know, in which case they are not experienced with dragons in any way, or deceived you purposely. Either way, not a trustworthy breeder.
I didn't buy. I would verify... given to me. Bought by a buddy who got it from the reptile depot in brantford ON. Anyways I know I wasn't even looking for one. I like the spikes myself. 😆 I would have preferred a female though. Second question for everyone. Do full grown males get along if given their own encloser entire life.. or do they battle to the death at first sight?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Even if they got along for a little while, which is unlikely, the risk is too great to try it. They can do great damage when attacking each other and even if your big boy Gary is cool with Vael now it can change in a second.

Vael is nice looking, nothing unusual about the spikes though. I've seen + raised many like that. The body structure won't determine what sex Vael is though, looks more like a female from the first pic you posted with the tail arched but post a new pic to see if it's changed.

Darkoshi

Original Poster
Even if they got along for a little while, which is unlikely, the risk is too great to try it. They can do great damage when attacking each other and even if your big boy Gary is cool with Vael now it can change in a second.

Vael is nice looking, nothing unusual about the spikes though. I've seen + raised many like that. The body structure won't determine what sex Vael is though, looks more like a female from the first pic you posted with the tail arched but post a new pic to see if it's changed.
When I look now its 2 separated bumps like gary and its been since I got him really. Male and female look different physically to me. Not because they more spikey just body structure itself.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's always the lumps above the vent though so if that's what you see now then Vael is a male if , females + males can look very similar physically growing up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom