Two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangheili

Hatchling Member
Thought I'd just ask these two together instead of posting two different threads V:

1. My bearded dragons light is bad, but I can't get a new one until I get home from my cousin's graduation. [the 15th or 16th of this month]
Will he be okay with it? Or should I turn it off completely? He basks in it sometimes, but the rest of the time he hides from it. Should I just put it on the side of the cage he doesn't use very often, leaving the warm side darker?

While I'm gone, a lady is going to be taking care of our pets for us. I'll only be gone about 3 or 4 days, will Tiberius be okay without a bath until I get home? I just don't want the lady making the water too hot or forgetting about him in the bath D:
[yes, I get very very worried when I'm away from my pets]

2. I found Dandelions in my front and back yard, but my dad hasn't used any weed killer or fertilizer on them yet. Is it okay to pick them, wash them off, and feed them to Tiberius? Can he only eat the leaves, or the entire plant?

3. Do any of you grow your own bearded dragon greens? I'm thinking about getting the rocks out of my window well and putting a little garden in there so I can have a good supply of greens during the summer.

4. Now that it's getting close to spring here [we get snow until early July sometimes] what temperature would be best to take Tiberius out in? I'd like to take him outside more, but I'm a little worried about temperature.

5. Where can I find alfalfa greens? I've never seen them in stores :x

Thanks for any answers <3 It's greatly appreciated.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Sangheili":15gtdxq0 said:
Thought I'd just ask these two together instead of posting two different threads V:

1. My bearded dragons light is bad, but I can't get a new one until I get home from my cousin's graduation. [the 15th or 16th of this month]
Will he be okay with it? Or should I turn it off completely? He basks in it sometimes, but the rest of the time he hides from it. Should I just put it on the side of the cage he doesn't use very often, leaving the warm side darker?

Do you mean his UVB? Yes, he'll be fine for a couple weeks without it. If he hides from it, I would suggest to turn it off. What brand and type is it (Reptisun, Reptiglo, tube or compact coil). Hiding from the UVB is a sign of a bad quality bulb so when you replace it, be sure to get the Reptisun 10.0 tube. You do still have a white basking light for him, though, right?

While I'm gone, a lady is going to be taking care of our pets for us. I'll only be gone about 3 or 4 days, will Tiberius be okay without a bath until I get home? I just don't want the lady making the water too hot or forgetting about him in the bath D:
[yes, I get very very worried when I'm away from my pets]

That will be fine, too.

2. I found Dandelions in my front and back yard, but my dad hasn't used any weed killer or fertilizer on them yet. Is it okay to pick them, wash them off, and feed them to Tiberius? Can he only eat the leaves, or the entire plant?

Did he use any chemicals last year? If so, I wouldn't use them. If you're sure there hasn't been any chemical exposure in several years, then they should be safe. He can eat the whole thing.

3. Do any of you grow your own bearded dragon greens? I'm thinking about getting the rocks out of my window well and putting a little garden in there so I can have a good supply of greens during the summer.

That's a great idea. I tried to once, but I planted them the wrong time of year and they didn't do well. And the ones I grew (I think it was mustard greens) were very prickly for some reason, so I didn't feed them to my lizards. I do grow squash, pepper, zucchini and other veggies I use, though.

4. Now that it's getting close to spring here [we get snow until early July sometimes] what temperature would be best to take Tiberius out in? I'd like to take him outside more, but I'm a little worried about temperature.

I'd say anywhere above 70 for short periods or 75 for longer periods, since that is the "cool" temp in their tanks.

5. Where can I find alfalfa greens? I've never seen them in stores :x

Thanks for any answers <3 It's greatly appreciated.

I think alfalfa is a regional thing. I've never seen them either. You might try a farmer's market or health food store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom