Two new girls on the block (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very pretty, I am also curious about who you got them from. :) BTW, as long as the dragons are tame you don't need to worry about the " no handling for X amount of time. "

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
LMG07":294nfn0i said:
claudiusx":294nfn0i said:
Leatherback weighed in at 49 and the non leather at 48. Geeze this is about double the weight of Tombo and Moro at this age!

-Brandon

Wow, Impressive!

Thank you! I don't think i've ever had dragons that eat as much as these two do. The leatherback is eating much more than the non, but they are both eating more than any others I've ever had I believe! lol.

LMG07":294nfn0i said:
Where did you get them? They're gorgeous. <3
AHBD":294nfn0i said:
Very pretty, I am also curious about who you got them from.
I actually found the breeder on Fauna classifieds. Never bought from a breeder through there before, but he does have a website: http://dragonsdenherp.com/
Two weakness of mine, dunners, and reds. And of course that's what he specializes in it seems! After talking to him, I felt pretty comfortable with buying from him even though I hadn't heard of him before. Sometimes that's just how it is!

AHBD":294nfn0i said:
BTW, as long as the dragons are tame you don't need to worry about the " no handling for X amount of time. "
Oh I know, it's just a personal thing i've done for all my years with dragons. It's not based off anything besides my own thoughts of letting them settle in completely first. At this point i'd say it's based more off tradition than logic... lol :mrgreen:

They are both very tame though. I only really handle the Non LB since she has a tendency of getting herself lost underneath her paper towel substrate.

Thanks to both of you for stopping by! :D

-Brandon

LMG07

I thought they looked like they came from Dragon's Den.

That's where we got Charmander! He was great to talk to. He is the one that started the Dunner line.

Yours are gorgeous <3

And just a month younger than my boy. It will be so fun to watch them grow. Char has changed so drastically between 2 months and 3 months.

He eats soooo much. So I understand you there. HVe you got your girls to eat salad?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Omg.... idk why I didnt put the kevin Dunn, and dunner together!

Well that makes me even happier that I got two dinners from him! heck yeah lol! Idk why he didnt even mention that on the phone I told him how dunners were my all time favorite morph!

I guess he isnt small time.... I was just out of the loop! Haha.

That's great that you got char from him too. It will be fun to see them all grow.

They are eating salad! Or at least they have ate... a salad.. lol
I'll give them another tomorrow and see. But I get all my babies to eat salad I dont really believe in the only feeding them bugs until adulthood.

You made my night lol!

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh yes, Kevin Dunne is a VERY long time breeder, one of the oldest in the country and as the other poster mentioned he is the originator of the line named after him.

LMG07

Tell me your secrets!

Char won't touch a salad.

(he didn't eat bsfl either and he has started only wanting roaches and not crickets. He's so picky)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
AHBD":go5n4up8 said:
Oh yes, Kevin Dunne is a VERY long time breeder, one of the oldest in the country and as the other poster mentioned he is the originator of the line named after him.
Yeah I feel kinda dumb now since I had done some research in the past on the dunner line when I was starting to get into it I just didnt connect the two! God hes lucky I didnt know who he was while we were on the phone LOL! I knew he created the dunner line I just didnt connect that kevin dunne with the kevin I was dealing with lol! His email was kdunne, I knew his name was kevin... just one of those things. Was too excited about the two girls lol.

But for what it's worth, I really hadn't heard of him until I was reading up on dunners.

Well like I said, this whole thing has made my night. For 1 I'm happy I got them from a reputable source, as I have less concern now about their health and genetic makeup, And 2... I'm glad I have 2 dunners from the godfather of dunners lol!

I'm a happy camper.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
LMG07":1eljnopw said:
Tell me your secrets!

Char won't touch a salad.

(he didn't eat bsfl either and he has started only wanting roaches and not crickets. He's so picky)
I dont really have a method, but during the week I tend to only feed my young ones 1 feeder meal per day. And that's later in the day. They usually have a salad always available so they tend to nibble on the salad throughout the day. And from there once they get the taste for it, they usually will regularly eat their salads!
Either that or I've always just gotten lucky, but I will say I've never had a young one not eat salad as part of his or her regular diet. :)

-Brandon

LMG07

I give him salad in the mornings.

And then two meals of feeders. I usually try the new ones or crix first... He holds out for dubia later though. He's growing though, so no worries there. Just wish he'd get a more proper balance. I'll keep working.

What does your normal salad consist of? I feel like I've tried everything.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Honestly I've only given them 1 salad since I've got them, and all it was was collard greens. They ate it though, just not right away.

The day I got them they didnt eat.
Day 2 they didnt eat and I put the greens in that night. Didnt touch them.
Next day once i got home late afternoon, i noticed some of the salad was gone from both tanks. And that's when they started first eating bugs.

So it could have just been the 2 days without eating feeders that enticed them enough to eat the greens. But usually if I can get them to once, I can keep it up.

Tombo was my hardest one to get to eat greens. But he eats them like no ones business now. Will even eat them out of my hand.

I feel it's important to at least try to get them to eat greens. I dont feel it's a life or death issue by any means, but I do feel salad and insects is better than just insects.
But those are just my opinions and experiences! :)

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Here is their sleeping positions.
The LB looks like shes glass surfing, but that's how shes chosen to sleep.. lol
31715-9527746834.jpg
You can see shes about to shed her back with how dark it is compared to her tail. Excited to see that!

And this is the non LB and her love of digging under the paper towel.
31715-5985365859.jpg
31715-248569581.jpg
31715-9860016116.jpg

Got some good pics of Tombo too that I'm gonna post up now!

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Left them both a salad this morning. Came home and the LB had eating all of hers! And it wasn't a small amount either. The non LB might have ate some, hard to tell. They both didn't really eat too many insects today. Urates are looking a little weird on them too but i'll keep an eye on it and see how things progress. It has been a bit hotter here lately.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
claudiusx":2w29i0wy said:
Left them both a salad this morning. Came home and the LB had eating all of hers! And it wasn't a small amount either. The non LB might have ate some, hard to tell. They both didn't really eat too many insects today. Urates are looking a little weird on them too but i'll keep an eye on it and see how things progress. It has been a bit hotter here lately.

-Brandon

That's awesome that the LB is eating her salad at a young age! Mine took FOR-EV-ER to eat hers, so yay for you! They look absolutely gorgeous and I love the sexy leg pic you got of one of them! Haha Also, where about in the states are you? I ask because we're getting some crazy heat waves her in CA. My little Tampico just wants to stay in her hid all day (after eating some wormies) because the temps in the house are fluctuating like crazy. Hot then AC blasts and its a bit chilly, but wait, its HOT HOT HOT again. Sun beams on the front of the house allll day, which unfortunately is where she is, so her tank temps tend to fluctuate (not a ton) more than I'd like them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom