Two and half year old still doesn't like greens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am looking for some advice. My Bearded Dragon Duquan is two and a half years old and it is still a real struggle to get her to eat greens.

She has had the correct fresh greens in her viv from day one, but will only really eat dandilions once in a blue moon.

I have tried forcing her by only having greens available to her, but the longest I have been able to bear doing this is 2 weeks. When I do not provide bugs for long periods of time, she sulks in the corner and will hardly move around her viv.

Can anyone help me tame this madam, as I know she faces serious health risks if she doesn't co-operate soon!

Roja

and I've tried EVERYTHING.

I don't know the last time he ate salad. He is surviving solely off superworms and waxworms with vitamins and calcium. :(

I've made 3 posts here over the years and tried every suggestion given to me.

He seems healthy though!
00E0E_935ixfCQ6kV_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_f6U3EuH0rwl_600x450.jpg

00r0r_5DQsl9lr4bX_600x450.jpg

00i0i_4Is3RSrB1IT_600x450.jpg

00R0R_5v7FDhWFwCr_600x450.jpg

I'll be watching this post to see if there are any suggestions I haven't tried yet..

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Stop feeding waxworms completely.

Limit the superworms to 5 a day, no more than 5.

Eventually he will want to start eating salads.

-Brandon

Roja

he didn't have waxworms for about 7 months but he seemed like he was losing a little weight so I added them in about a month and 1/2 ago, just 2-3 a day. He only eats about 5 supers at a time.. i still put greens in there and he only gets it by accident. I try to chop it really small and mix the worms in and he's every once in a while get one but he'll literally shake his head rapidly till it falls out of his mouth! Like he's disgusted. I've tried EVERY kind of green, mixed with fruits from time to time. Different combinations, baby food.. everything. I've been trying for YEARS lol.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Try not finely chopping them, but instead ripping them into chunks. That's how I do it for my adults, can't say i've ever really chopped them into small pieces. That's a long-shot but it can't hurt.

Still, forget about the waxworms.

-Brandon

Roja

Thanks, Brandon. All great suggestions.. all tried as well. :) I've given him xtra large chunks, large chunks, medium chunks, small chunks and mini pieces.. won't even bite anything large at all, I've tried hand-feeding him. He's had every kind of green under the sun, every veggie, every fruit.. The most I can get in him is by accident and that only happens when his worms are mixed in and it's chopped really small. I've tried roaches, phoenix worms, silk worms, crickets.. he literally will only eat supers and he tries to not eat the wax worms but he'll eat them last if there are no supers left.. I felt like giving him more calories would be better. He was losing weight when I went a long time without waxes.. but maybe I'll try taking them away again?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes tough love is what you need.

They are smart creatures, they won't let themselves starve to death. That being said, they are also very stubborn, and will likely wait it out until they can't stand the hunger anymore, lol.

-Brandon

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Ive been going through this since i got Heli at age 7 months 1 1/2 years ago. I doubt he was eating greens before that. Yeah been here since day 1 and tried it all. When i have time ill come back on and list what ive done. Its insane. I worry constantly. And would love the break in cost too lol. Ive gone about 10 days no food. And gone months feeding bugs 2x a week and offering veggies every day. Nuthin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom