Twitching during shedding, is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my beardie Nina is shedding. Shes just a bit over a year old. She has been shedding in patches. I've observed her tail twitch where her shed was coming off. She now is shedding her jaw and beard and I observed her face twitching near the shed. I have never seen twitching until this shed.
I supplement her diet with proper calcium and multi vitamins. Calcium 4x a week, multivitamin 2x a week..
She has the high output reptisun uvb mounted on top of her mesh screen and her basking decor is about 10 inches from the uvb. Cool side is 79-81 degrees basking spot 99-102 warm side 91 degrees.
Her jaw is well formed and she moves climbs and runs with ease and agility.. Sometimes she sits in a position that makes her spine look mildly crooked but when she adjusts it straightens out. I've attached a couple photos. The photos are maybe 5 days apart.

Could this be early MBD? Thoughts? Input?
Thank you

108455-2719479893.jpg
108455-7489832858.jpg
108455-52424805.jpg

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Raninicholle33":3q62syq6 said:
Hi, my beardie Nina is shedding. Shes just a bit over a year old. She has been shedding in patches. I've observed her tail twitch where her shed was coming off. She now is shedding her jaw and beard and I observed her face twitching near the shed. I have never seen twitching until this shed.
I supplement her diet with proper calcium and multi vitamins. Calcium 4x a week, multivitamin 2x a week..
She has the high output reptisun uvb mounted on top of her mesh screen and her basking decor is about 10 inches from the uvb. Cool side is 79-81 degrees basking spot 99-102 warm side 91 degrees.
Her jaw is well formed and she moves climbs and runs with ease and agility.. Sometimes she sits in a position that makes her spine look mildly crooked but when she adjusts it straightens out. I've attached a couple photos. The photos are maybe 5 days apart.

Could this be early MBD? Thoughts? Input?
Thank you

108455-2719479893.jpg
108455-7489832858.jpg
108455-52424805.jpg
Could have to high of an uvb output causing premature shed since she is a Leatherback . If you have some Alove vera it's very good for their skin . Maybe a soak could help but they're skin us pretty water resistant . Hopefully she has some driftwood and rocks in her enclosure to be able to run against so she can assist herself in shedding and when shes feeling a little itchy lol . Raising her humidity some would help aswell. For the twitching those are definite signs of Calcium deficiency can you show us her enclosure and go over her lighting with us heat can play a role in that too and by the looks your basking temperature is very low keep have a gradient so they can get 95 degrees but be able to climb higher and get bask spots like 110 and 115 it's been known for awhile beardie do better with high basking tempsl then this ridiculously low temps people tell you they're okay at . Surviving ain't thriving so double check all sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom