Twin babies from one egg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had twin beardies hatch from the same egg, I was wondering on how rare is this? I noticed the egg was almost twice the size of the other eggs, I just assumed it would be a big baby. I was amazed to see two heads sticking out of the egg, all though they are slightly smaller than the others from the clutch, the both of them appear to be alert and active. Statisticly how rare is this, all the searching online just states super rare?

pmcphotoinc

Original Poster
Okay, let's rephrase this. How many breeders had twin bearded dragons from the same egg, I'm referring to two healthy normal bearded babies, anyone?

pmcphotoinc

Original Poster
Just wanted keep everyone up to date on the twins. Both of them sleep a lot and get up and eat, greens and crickets. They are very trusting and like human attention, the first couple of days were worry some, but they are more alert. They are very attached to each other, never far from one another. They are now a week old, and the size of a new hatchling. I'll try to keep everyone up to date!

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
As I've never bred dragons, I'm not familiar with how common or uncommon "twins" are.

Do they look identical?

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Oh wow that would be so cool to see twin beardies! :)

To post pics all you need is a photobucket account. Upload the pics to that and then copy the img code and paste it in the post your are making on here. Hope this helps. :)

Kajolic

Juvie Member
pmcphotoinc":2iqios2h said:
I don't know how to post photos on to here, from my iPad. If anyone knows how please let me know!
Not an iProduct guru by any means, but my friend told me that Safari on the iPad doesn't support uploads to websites. So you could possibly upload image to Facebook and view them on your computer. Save the image and upload to a website like imgur.com, imageshack.us or photobucket.com

I hope this helps, I would also love to see their picture!

pmcphotoinc

Original Poster
I still can't figure out posting pics from my iPad. So if you go to photobucket, I uploaded three pics under DragonZ in my albums. Pmcphotoinc

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Once you have them uploaded to Photobucket, back on these forums create a reply. Used the button above the text field with "Img" in a box. It will add the BBCode tags into the text field:
Code:
[img][/img]
With that you post the "Direct Link URL" from Photobucket in between those tags. Should look like:
Code:
[img]http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv246/IchigoRocks1/bokeh/crazy_firework_bokeh_stock_by_Dying.jpg[/img]
End result will be your image:
crazy_firework_bokeh_stock_by_Dying.jpg

pmcphotoinc

Original Poster
They are now a week in a half old, they are remarkable little ones. They are very trusting of humans and will even eat out of your hands, they always stay close by to each other, they are a tad bit frail. I would say they're about a week behind their clutch mates, but are doing good. You may not be able to tell in the pick, but they appear to yellow out some as they grow up. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I want them healthy and strong above all else. They will be held back with hopes to try and breed more twins from them, to prove or not to prove the theory of twins having twins. But their health and all 80 of the other babies health is my #1 priority. {NOTE: 82 total babies are from 4 different clutches and parents.} I hear that twins from same egg is extremely rare, that there isn't even a statistic on it. Two headed baby is much more common I'm told.
ec738ca2.jpg
another shot when only 2hours old

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
pmcphotoinc":fyo6azu4 said:
I hear that twins from same egg is extremely rare, that there isn't even a statistic on it. Two headed baby is much more common I'm told.

That's amazing, I had no idea it was that rare! Was the egg larger than the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom