Trying to figure out T5 lamp placement.

Raikachu

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Emmett
In my beardies enclosure I'm using a T5 Reptisun 10 uvb and I'm trying to figure out whether or not I can place it on top of the mesh or not. I've seen a ton of different answers to this and I'm having trouble figuring it out. So some advice would be much appreciated with this. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
In my beardies enclosure I'm using a T5 Reptisun 10 uvb and I'm trying to figure out whether or not I can place it on top of the mesh or not. I've seen a ton of different answers to this and I'm having trouble figuring it out. So some advice would be much appreciated with this. Thanks!
Is the screen a fine mesh like a screen door? If so it needs to go inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directlya above the basking decor -- if its a wide hole type it can go on top w/ the decor directly underneath 8-10 inches --

Raikachu

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Emmett
Is the screen a fine mesh like a screen door? If so it needs to go inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directlya above the basking decor -- if its a wide hole type it can go on top w/ the decor directly underneath 8-10 inches --
It is fine mesh but the furthest I could get it from his basking spot if it's inside is around 10-11 inches unfortunately. As for right now it seems the best I can do is have it on top of the tank but with the mesh on top moved out of the way.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is fine mesh but the furthest I could get it from his basking spot if it's inside is around 10-11 inches unfortunately. As for right now it seems the best I can do is have it on top of the tank but with the mesh on top moved out of the way.
You can take the screen off or cut it out or get a different piece of basking decor --

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom