Trouble falling asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnat

Past few days my beardie has been really restless at night just moving around at night and sometimes sitting up at night. I thought he was maybe being kept up by light so I made sure it was super dark in his room but no luck. Is this something to be concerned about?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Past few days my beardie has been really restless at night just moving around at night and sometimes sitting up at night. I thought he was maybe being kept up by light so I made sure it was super dark in his room but no luck. Is this something to be concerned about?
Yes that is not normal. What are your temps in the tank it sounds like it's too hot + temps at night should be 65-75 dragons like it cool and dark it helps them metabolize their system to get good sleep

natnat

Original Poster
Yes that is not normal. What are your temps in the tank it sounds like it's too hot + temps at night should be 65-75 dragons like it cool and dark it helps them metabolize their system to get good sleep
It’s typically 70-75 in the tank at night. He’s most restless for the first few hours after the light goes off when the tank is still cooling so maybe that’s what bugs him. My roommates do make some noise which may bug him but it didn’t used to bother him so I’m not sure what’s up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It’s typically 70-75 in the tank at night. He’s most restless for the first few hours after the light goes off when the tank is still cooling so maybe that’s what bugs him. My roommates do make some noise which may bug him but it didn’t used to bother him so I’m not sure what’s up.
Usually dragons will settle down and go to sleep and your temps seem to be good let's see if we can get some others on here to chime in on this
@CooperDragon
@AHBD

natnat

Original Poster
It may just be a phase, hopefully he'll get back to a more normal sleep schedule.
Ok hopefully. He did try to immediately hide this morning when his lights went on I’m really not sure why. He’s still eating and pooping fine his hot side time is 100 and his cool side temp is 80. I checked and the UVB is still good so I’m not sure what’s bugging him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom