Trinity SAD PHOTOS BEWARE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wanted to post these pics of (Newly named) Trintiy she is at a rescue here in British Columbia (canada) and here is her story I still can't believe she is still alive!!

I emailed someone on craigslist as we were getting our new beardie (from the same rescue that currently has Trinity) I was quick to text (as he left his #) and he responded pretty quick his ad read Reptile/Fish Tank he gave the dimensions and and his number that was ALL! So upon texting he informed me there was a beardie currently living in his tank (could not see it from the pic he sent looked like a tank full of drift wood) so I (being a curious george) asked for a pic of the beardie and what I got I could NEVER have even Imagined!! She (we think she is a she but she's soooooo badly malnourished you can't tell!) He told me he has had her since 2004 but never knew if it was male or female and that It (as he always referred to her as) had no name! I quickly sent the pics to my friend that owns the rescue and she told me to go pick her up but ask to pay less for the tank (as I still needed the tank and considering there was a beardie in there he was asking Waaaaay below asking price for such a large tank!) so off I went with my heat pack and towel to go get this Very Sick beardie! When I saw the tank i was in SHOCK! There were small pieces of Lego in there there was No food to be seen or water of any sort just a dried up dish with nothing in it! She was on sand and she had sand caked in her beard on her vent and stuck to her feet! There was even a poop with a balloon in it (YIKES!!!!) I just couldn't imagine how she had survived since 2004 obviously at some point he had cared right? He had the right lighting and calcium so its just plain old Starvation and Dehydration that was killing her! Several times on our drive to the rescue she I could have sworn she had passed but all of a sudden we got within 10mins of the rescue (she was over an hour away where she lived) she opened her eyes and sat up! Long story short she is still alive and is hunting and eating All on her own!! Its been 2 weeks and she seems to be doing well she was loaded with parasites but is on meds now! She hasn't gained much and to see her still is such a sad sight but she's fighting hard!! Im attaching pics of her (BEWARE IF YOU CANT HANDLE SAD PHOTOS!) I wanted to share her story with everyone even though she is not mine ( we adopted Ruby from the rescue and picked her up the day we dropped Trinity off, sucked as now the rescue has 1 more mouth to feed but are SOOOOO happy they are getting to help her!) I will try to post some pics as she starts to regain her health right now she doesn't look much better then the pics but she's feeling Waaaaay better these days!! Thanks for reading!1
ee19b532.jpg

972b2d59.jpg

(She will not be available for adoption for a very loooooong time and they do not ship outside the province of BC incase someone was wanting to inquire!)

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Tough little cookie - check out those little thigh muscles! It's good to see him starting to develop muscle structure down his tail too. Still a long way to go, but he's doing really well :)

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so I finally feel comfortable posting these pics (wasn't sure if his previous owner came to this site so wanted to wait a bit before posting These pics) these are the Original texted pics Zivens owner texted me to show me what he looked like! Their SHOCKING!! His update btw is he's in fostering doing well heard he's eating More in foster so that's good news will ask for a pic and weight soon wanted him to settle in before I started asking for her to be handling him!
077c0d36.jpg

bf2cc8a7.jpg

4994ed83.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Those pictures are of a dying animal. I can't believe a person could be so cruel, heartless and uncaring. Thank you for ending his sufferring. Poor beardie. I can't even imagine how he felt day in and day out. Horrible! :(

evanescent

Juvie Member
Those pics are so disturbing.
It's great that you managed to come in just in time to save him!
It's amazing that a dragon so old and so thin was able to hold out so long..
it's like he was waiting for you. :D

Just read the whole thread, and I am so glad he's made so much progress. :)
I don't see where the previous owner came on to say something, though, like you mentioned on FB?

~Rea

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Shannybeard how could I do nothing? I was just happy to have responded seeing him now makes it ALL worth it!!

Rea- no I said I posted the pics finally as I was Worried maybe the old owner came to this site and would see the pics and he knows my phone number etc and I didn't want the reprocusions of him seeing these!! I didn't have enough experience to care for such an ill dragon so he went to a local rescue (one Joanne knows) and I adopted one of their beardies (whom I wouldn't trade for the world!) he's doing Vey well in his foster home but is gaining slowly!

evanescent

Juvie Member
RubysMomma":389ptx1f said:
Rea- no I said I posted the pics finally as I was Worried maybe the old owner came to this site and would see the pics and he knows my phone number etc and I didn't want the reprocusions of him seeing these!!
Oops, guess I read your comment wrong..sorry. xD;;
Blaw, what'd the repercussions be? Angry spam calls? You have his address, right? Your local PD probably deals with harassment..show them the pics, if they had a heart they'd side with you. And at worst, you'd both get a slap on the wrist. He'd get a warning, and you'd be forced to remove the photos.

At least in America, idk about Canada.

And idk why a careless owner would bother going to a bearded dragon site anyway. ;(
no point haha.

Unless they suddenly want another dragon and are interested in real research, in which case they'd cry and feel sorry for their actions, unless they're a major douchebag.

Idk. :O

~Rea

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
OMG, that poor, poor dragon! I'm crying, nauseated, my heart is in my throat, I'm so angry!
That is HORRIBLE! How in God's name can someone think that's OK to do to a living being?
A special place in Hell is waiting for the one who did this to him!

You saved Zevin from the daily Hell he was enduring and showed him the wonderful alternative.
I'm so happy he's doing so well.
Amanda

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
You can really see the difference in his "before" and "after" pictures. I'm amazed he's survived, and congratulate you for taking faith in the tough little cookie.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Amanda and TheDragonLover I just did what I thought I had to do by not leaving him behind! :D

He's doing Very well in foster (a bit less busy in foster as it is at the rescue) he's gaining weight and I should have a pic soon to post just gotta talk to his foster mommy :D

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well spoke to his foster mom and he's doing Great!! The Quotes above pics are from his foster mom!

So glad to hear he's more relaxed in a quiet home. He seems to be thriving! Well here's what you guys wait for :) PICS!!

Zevan
This is him a few days ago. He sat like this for hours. We figure he was looking out the back door to his left at all the trees and birds etc.
3f5c829b.jpg

"This is him right now after his daily feast of crickets and salad and he loves mealworms and waxworms too nothing lives long in his environment!"
945e07ba.jpg

45c12b94.jpg

2e2f7504.jpg

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
That first photo where he's standing at the glass shows he still has a long way to go. Poor boy! His head still sunken in and still seeing his spine!
BUT....the others show how far he's come! He's holding his head up! He's got a little round tummy! He's standing at his bowl, look at those little legs supporting him! He's climbing up on his log! There's some meat on his little bones! And just look at his beautiful face :love5: ....The difference and the improvement from the first heart-wrenching, sad photo showing how starved he was to these recent photos is amazing! Everyone involved with saving and helping him are damned good people!

RESCUERS ROCK!
Amanda

KristenT

Juvie Member
wow Wow WOW! Are you SURE that's the same dragon? :p So much different, and doing so well! Totally made my day! :D :blob5: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom