Traveling to Canada from US with a dragon.

Starlily

Beardie name(s)
Lily & Percy
Hello,

As the title suggests, I'm planning a trip to Canada in a month and wondered if I can bring my bearded dragon with me. I'm seeing conflicting info for this online, some websites say you cannot, and others saying you can. Can someone confirm who has done it (or confirm for certain that I cannot do so)?

Thank you for your time.
Luna

Starlily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lily & Percy
Oh yes of course, that was the first thing I did! I couldn't find a clear answer though and then a vast array of different on google. I just hoped someone here had personal experience, but that's okay, I'll figure it out. Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh yes of course, that was the first thing I did! I couldn't find a clear answer though and then a vast array of different on google. I just hoped someone here had personal experience, but that's okay, I'll figure it out. Thank you!
Well if you do figure it out, please post back here so anyone in the future with the same question will know :)

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is what I found FWIW:

Amphibians and reptiles kept as pets or purchased for import as pets are not permitted entry into Canada.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) does not regulate the import of amphibians and reptiles (excluding turtles and tortoises) as per the Health of Animals Regulations. If you plan to bring an amphibian or reptile to Canada, you should contact the Canadian Wildlife Service (opens in new window) (opens in new window).
-Brandon

Starlily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lily & Percy
This is what I found FWIW:

-Brandon
Yes! I saw that one too! And then other sites like this that seem to say it's fine.

That's why I wanted to ask here in hopes of finding someone who has first hand experience. I suppose I can just make the trip and either get turned around or not!

Thank you for taking the time to look into it with me. If I was just to go on what I found, I'd guess that trusting a government site is the way to go... Buuut I imagine people do buy beardies from the US and have them shipped... Again, maybe I'll just give it a go. It's only an hour away. Hehe

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
And @Claudiusx answer is why I didn't post yesterday but that was my first of 2 answers. 1- sneak him in and 2- if you get caught- start throwing a fit and saw it's for emotional support.
Do not give up the fight- we are with you- and if you go to jail (which we hope you don't- make sure you find a good home for the beardie with correct lighting and heat).

But seriously, I wish you the best, this is tough! You might have to cancel your trip! Or find a beardie-sitter?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If they ask i would tell them not to provoke your beardie, he loves to eat border agents 😁😁

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom