Traveling to a vet over 3 hours away

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
My beardie has been sick on and off since June as I’ve posted on here asking for advice many times. I’m tired of messing around with this vet that doesn’t seem to want to deal with it lately or just don’t care.

I found one that is over 3 hours away in Ohio. so we won’t be back home for like 7 hours at least. Unfortunately the one recommended that was an hour and a half away can’t see us until feb. So this seems to be next closest that sounds like they may be able to help.

I plan to take her some food and water (not eating lately though) her normal throw that I take for comfort and have an electric blanket in the car that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Is there anything else that I should take to be safe?

Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, best to not feed Zilla before the visit, Just feed him when you get back. There won't be enough heat for good digestion and stress could affect him as well. Sorry he's not well , I hope you get some answers and a good outcome for Zilla !

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Hi there, best to not feed Zilla before the visit, Just feed him when you get back. There won't be enough heat for good digestion and stress could affect him as well. Sorry he's not well , I hope you get some answers and a good outcome for Zilla !
Thank you. I didn’t think of that but she hasn’t had much an appetite since she started her meds anyways. I may just take them and her lights just incase something would happen we have to stay in a hotel or something. Just being non the safe side. Don’t want to risk something happening and no access to anything.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Plan for the worst and hope for the best. When i travel with mine I take their che a 10 gallon tank (i take a low wattage che, don't won't to cook them in a 10 gallon) i also take hornworms (they just are easier imo) and a take a collapsible pet carrier in case they get unruly in the car.

Subion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zilla
Plan for the worst and hope for the best. When i travel with mine I take their che a 10 gallon tank (i take a low wattage che, don't won't to cook them in a 10 gallon) i also take hornworms (they just are easier imo) and a take a collapsible pet carrier in case they get unruly in the car.
I have BSFL I’m taking and she is use to car rides. Right now she’s not eating maybe from meds she’s on. Having issues with her leg swollen and walking before that. They think it is low calcium but I’m worried she’s getting to much been on liquid from vets a lot since June. So I think something else is going on. I don’t see her trying to move away much with that and laying on me to look out the window.

I’m taking her lights (smaller ones) just in case we get a hotel for some reason I’ll have them and can rig something up to put thin on if needed unless I can find a cheap tank around here take. I should have a soft animal carrier she use to use as a baby just need to find it lol.

Thanks for the recommendations

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom