Toys?

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello! I have a 7-9 month old beardie, and I have a lot of places for him to climb around in his cage, but sometimes he still seems a little board. I tried looking up some toys and enrichment for my boy but nothing really seems safe like the cat crinkle balls I know he would for sure try to eat, and I tried the bell balls but he doesn’t seem to like them, and I know people say let them swim around or float in the tub, but my little man HATES water, like I mean hate hates it. So if anyone has anything I could try I’d appreciate the advice 😅

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
not necessarily a toy, but set up a safe place for them where they can watch the world going on outside of a window. most LOVE window time

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
not necessarily a toy, but set up a safe place for them where they can watch the world going on outside of a window. most LOVE window time
Ok I’ll try that, I do have one of those cat window hammocks maybe he would like to sit on that! Thank you!

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
just be careful of height. they tend to think they are superman and will jump off anything! (if you haven't noticed already.) here's a pic of sir henry of scales diligently preparing his traffic report. we live on the only highway through town so he sees it all.

323693391_709937780748004_2446004470300778635_n.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Swimming in a bad idea, yes they can swim, but they use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe. So if the are swimming they can't breath at the same time. They can drown in a second if they can stand on the bottom and get their heads out of the water.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Rocky is/was a fan of the hammock but like @hdochow window time is his absolute favorite. So much so that I ask why do I have an enclosure since he sleeps with me at times.
Rocky sits low too- they will jump. Rocky jumps to the floor all of the time - there's an ottoman in between and it's hardwood but he still doesn't care. If I move too slow, he is like, "don't worry, I will do it"- mind you, I am 2 feet away from him, if it's even that far!!

They are nosey creatures- watching a leaf blow, a car move or someone walking by makes their entire day!!! I'm a little nosey that I yell, "c'mon Rocky, you have to tap your tail or something for the good stuff!"
When I pull him away, he will hold on so you will know when he's ready to move or like mentioned above, he'll remove himself.

Oh, if I am on the floor, he likes to climb on me....to tell me to put him to the window.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom