Toothless has got his first shed coming

TurkeyKirkey

Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Toothless is finally shedding after two weeks ! :) this is my first shed experience with him as I’ve only owned him for a month and a couple weeks and everything has gone really smooth with him he gets his regular baths every other day to help his shedding and so far he’s even warmed up to me where I can pet him and hand feed now (he was very unsure of me at the start) I’m just curious how long everybody’s else’s baby takes to shed on average

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 107

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
This here is Bruno, Bruno takes care of my light work. Bruno this guy is bugging me.....
Lol I'm sorry that pic rocks, it looks like toothless brought someone with teeth for back up.
To answer your question, it depends on their habitat setup and diet. If you get both right they will shed almost constantly until they reach about 16 to 18 inches, then it slows way down.

Also toothless will have a mouth full of chompers so be careful with your digits if you hand feed him when he is bigger :cool:

TurkeyKirkey

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
This here is Bruno, Bruno takes care of my light work. Bruno this guy is bugging me.....
Lol I'm sorry that pic rocks, it looks like toothless brought someone with teeth for back up.
To answer your question, it depends on their habitat setup and diet. If you get both right they will shed almost constantly until they reach about 16 to 18 inches, then it slows way down.

Also toothless will have a mouth full of chompers so be careful with your digits if you hand feed him when he is bigger :cool:
Hehe I know he most definitely has some chompers already I swear I hear him comp his salads and bugs ! Sounds like he’s got a stong jaw I’m always nervous he’s gonna bite but I’ve been lucky ! He’s about 17 inches now (is that normal for the age ) I’ll leave him be when he’s in a mood 💕 and the name came with him I thought it was so cute the family who had him before named him after a dragon on Disneys how to train your dragon and thank you ! I find he looks like a tough guy here 😂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Actually size is more relevant to their diet than their age per say. A beardie that is fed a decent amount of protein as a baby will out pace one that isn't fed as well by leaps and bounds. Of course basking and uvb are critical in that equation also. I think most folks will see 17 inches at about a year old though.

Please don't encourage snikers into a life of crime, she is mischievous enough for any 3 dragons without encouragement lol. They do look close in color though.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom