Toothless and bonding

Yesterday was such a great day.

The day before, he was shedding b a d. Like, I pulled shed out of his nose like in those YouTube videos and everything. He had been rubbing his face against his rock like a dog all day I felt bad.

I got him out a lot yesterday, all he wanted was to be in my hand or on my leg and my heart swelled. I was holding him in my hand, laying on my side with my arm outstretched. He crawled up my arm a little and splayed out a bit, like he does on his basking stick and I was so excited. THEN, he rubbed his face on my arm to scratch it. I'm looking at him like, "you trust me enough to scratch yourself on me??" *insert crying award receiving actor*

I was ecstatic. He would scratch the glass and as soon as I picked him up, even if I didn't pull him out, he seemed content in my hand, like everything was alright with the world. Last night, right before bed, I put him on my chest, facing me and he just stared for a few minutes. Until he realized the tv was on. He loves staring at it.😅 My only concern is he always has stress marks and they seemed pretty dark yesterday, but we're working on it.

He was super skittish when we first got him, like backing into a corner, hissing and even trying to bite. I spent a few days of feeding him crickets and stuff via tweezers and it paid off. He will eat it on his own but loves it when I take a piece of kale, dip it in his water and feed it to him. He even ate a piece straight from my hand.!

You guys have no idea how happy and satisfied I feel about the progress I've made with him.

Attachments

• 20220913_194542.jpg
    20220913_194542.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 94

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Man thats great, just wait till he does his little wiggle to snuggle in close to you. You will be putty in his hands. :love:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Man thats great, just wait till he does his little wiggle to snuggle in close to you. You will be putty in his hands. :love:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can't wait. This lizard definitely has my number.😂😂
I can't wait. This lizard definitely has my number.😂😂
And the funny thing is, I wasn't really a lizard person, they kinda made me feel... eesh. But we found some lizard eggs and incubated them, hatched them and my 5/6 year old wanted to keep one and on a whim, we were like "nah, let's get a beardie".😂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Best decision ya ever made :cool:
My girlfriend was indifferent to them and when i got my 1st one, the very first evening it made it's way up to her neck and was bumping her with it's nose, she asked what it was doing. I said i think it's trying to get as close to you as possible. At just about that exact instance puff pulled her legs in next to her body and did the cutest little wiggle, my girlfriend was all oh's and ah's and absolutely in love with a lizard lol.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Best decision ya ever made :cool:
My girlfriend was indifferent to them and when i got my 1st one, the very first evening it made it's way up to her neck and was bumping her with it's nose, she asked what it was doing. I said i think it's trying to get as close to you as possible. At just about that exact instance puff pulled her legs in next to her body and did the cutest little wiggle, my girlfriend was all oh's and ah's and absolutely in love with a lizard lol.
That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. Toothless' basking rock is in the corner, close to the front of the glass. And he'll sit on it and just stare at me from across the room. When he doesn't want to go back into his tank, he'll become an acrobat and climb up my arm and spawl out on my forearm, his little legs doing this settle motion.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Beardies are quite animated :)
And they know exactly how to make you love them.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Beardies are quite animated :)
And they know exactly how to make you love them.
They really are. I was never a lizard person, they gave me the skeevies but we got this little guy and I'm completely obsessed with him. 🥰

I can't wait until our bond continues to grow.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom