Too early in season to breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's late January, and both my male and female who I'm planning on pairing this year have woken up from their respective brumations. (Male fell asleep in early December and reappeared around New Year's. Female went out in mid November and has been up for about a week). Both are hungry, alert, and seem to be wondering what 2021 will bring to them.

I'm wondering if the two of them are ready to go for the year, or if I should off due to the fact that it's mid-winter and they may choose to go to sleep again. I'm still relatively new to this, and the sole pairing I did last year wasn't until May. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it would be a good idea to wait at least a month to be sure they aren't going back to sleep and also to get enough food + supplements in them. The female especially needs good food + calcium supplements before breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom