Too cold

Shiana23

Our house at night drops to about 63 degrees, I’m worried that my bearded dragon might get too cold at night I cover his cage with a blanket at night and was wondering if I should get one of those night heat lamps to keep him warmer.

Shiana23

Original Poster
If temperature in the tank drops below 65F at night you can get a ceramic heat emitter
I have a 20 gallon tank right now, what is the watts to use so he doesn’t get too hot. I cover his cage with a blanket so I don’t want it so trap too much heat or cause a fire because of the lamp being covered. I moved him into my room with me because it doesn’t get as cold in my room as it does through out the house.

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
I have a 20 gallon tank right now, what is the watts to use so he doesn’t get too hot. I cover his cage with a blanket so I don’t want it so trap too much heat or cause a fire because of the lamp being covered. I moved him into my room with me because it doesn’t get as cold in my room as it does through out the house.
Can you get the nighttime temperature in the tank?

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Oh ok it’s not too bad then. Since it’s a small tank see what’s the lowest wattage you can get for a CHE

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Get a ceramic heat emitter for night time heat, in a 20 gallon a 75 or 100 watt should be ok. The first night you use it give it about 15 minutes to warm up and check your temps. Check them again every 30 minutes or so until your sure it's reached max temp. Then you will know if its to hot.

LianneHenry

Beardie name(s)
Henry
Get a ceramic heat emitter for night time heat, in a 20 gallon a 75 or 100 watt should be ok. The first night you use it give it about 15 minutes to warm up and check your temps. Check them again every 30 minutes or so until your sure it's reached max temp. Then you will know if its to hot.
I have the same problem. At night the temperatures are round 65 degrees in my home. I have a 40 gallon tank. Can I get away by using a 40/60 watt CHE? Just to bump up the heat by 2-3 degrees? The energy prices right now are crazy so I rather don't want to add unneccessary watts.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you think it's going to get to cold you can use the smaller che, just put it over something that is elevated and tuck your dragon in under it, unless they get to hot they usually will stay put once they are asleep.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I vote for the ceramic heater too. I have been using it as the temps in the middle of the night has been dipping here as well...and it emits just enough. It's worth it-

LianneHenry

Beardie name(s)
Henry
I vote for the ceramic heater too. I have been using it as the temps in the middle of the night has been dipping here as well...and it emits just enough. It's worth it-
what is the size of your tank and what wattage do you use? I think I will but the 40watt for my 55 gallon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom