Tomato worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tothegrave

Hi there, I am new to this site, and I was wondering if anybody could help me?
I've been keep reptiles for five years now. I have six leopard geckos and two bearded dragons. One bearded dragon is almost six years old and about a foot and a half in length. His name is Jabba the Hutt. My baby bearded dragon, Sebastian, is a few months old now. He is a yellow morph, according to the breeder. He is a beautiful dragon, with orange around the ears and two bright orange stripes running down his back. He's a little feisty, and does not like to be held, and likes to bite when I reach in his cage.
Anyways, I was wondering if anybody knows of any sites that sell tomato worms? I heard they are good for reptiles, and would like to try feeding them to my beardies and geckos. I want to try silk worms with my beardies too, my geckos don't seem to like silk worms. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!
-Luke

lukenukem83

i don't know about tomato worms, but i would highly recommend pheonix worms for all your lizards. you can buy them from http://www.pheonixworms.com and they have great prices and outstanding customer service. you wont find anyone anywhere with better customer service than them!!!

invictusrules

Juvie Member
A big giant welcome to you and your beardies! :blob8:

The hornworm that's commercially available is the tobacco hornworm. They look similar to the tomato hornworm, but are acclimated to being raised on an artificial diet. (both tomato and tobacco foliage are poisonous)

They're a bit pricey for a staple, but they're awesome feeders. I ordered mine from: http://www.greatlakeshornworm.com/order.html
Invictus goes nuts for them. He'll run back and forth with his mouth open, and that's saying a lot for Mr. Lazy-bum!

Is Jabba as round as his Star Wars counterpart? :lol:

tothegrave

Original Poster
invictusrules":6d645 said:
Is Jabba as round as his Star Wars counterpart? :lol:

Thank you guys for the replies! As far as Jabba, lol, I could only wish he was as big as the Star Wars Jabba, lol. It was kind of funny how I named him. I got him when he was five from my cousins who didn't want him anymore, and I didn't have a name for him. I moved in with some friends and when we were unloading cages and bringing them into the house, my friend brought Jabba the Hutt's cage in. Well, since Jabba was at the time unnamed, he asked, 'Where do you want me to put... um... Jabba The Hutt?' I thought that was perfect so I chose that as his permanent name, lol. I love him so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom