toilet training...

aspenlol682

Beardie name(s)
Milo
has anybody been able to get their beardie to poop on something in the corner that can be easily removed from the tank? i can tell milo doesnt like the smell cause any chance he gets he will poop outside of his tank, so if theres a way i can potty train him so that it bothers both of us less that would be super cool :D would love to hear any experiences

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Some beardies will just about always go to the same spot naturally, my girl Snicker Doodles poops within and inch or so of the same spot every time, my male Zen poops wherever he happens to be, and Ruby poops and sets in it 🤬🤬😡 most of the time. I have read about beardies that where supposedly potty trained but i suspect it was just a fluke.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
i mean leopard geckos will poop in a certain section without training, but I’m not sure about beardies. I just find poop everywhere in their cages, the water bowl, food dish, even on the hammock!

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Draco only poops at the bottom right corner and I might've unintentionally trained him... The way I set up his tank, there was only that corner where he had enough space to fuss before pooping and a nice decor to support his upper body. I think you can try to figure out when he usually goes during the day, then put him in that corner before that.

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
Draco only poops at the bottom right corner and I might've unintentionally trained him... The way I set up his tank, there was only that corner where he had enough space to fuss before pooping and a nice decor to support his upper body. I think you can try to figure out when he usually goes during the day, then put him in that corner before that.
yes he had a hide he liked to lean on for pooping but my mother removed it... i will put it back for him

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Rocky poops in the front left corner since I could remember. I have changed things in his tank and he still goes there. Sadly his water bowl is near there. He doesnt go in it (any more) but it's still too close for my liking. When I moved his water bowl, it caused concern for him LOL
Rocky is known to leave the bathroom and poop in the bathroom near the toilet - go figure or if he is out of the tank, resume to the tank and poop. None of this is by any training provided by me.

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
Rocky poops in the front left corner since I could remember. I have changed things in his tank and he still goes there. Sadly his water bowl is near there. He doesnt go in it (any more) but it's still too close for my liking. When I moved his water bowl, it caused concern for him LOL
Rocky is known to leave the bathroom and poop in the bathroom near the toilet - go figure or if he is out of the tank, resume to the tank and poop. None of this is by any training provided by me.
wow! milo will just poop anywhere in the tank, usually in his salad dish

Danjw91

My BD I got her when she was 5.5, she used to come out and poo etc etc but then after her operations she found going into the cooler part of her Viv where there is a cave and she like sits on it and it helps her poo from time to time so now 99% of the time she goes in that corner, even sometimes she goes into corner then scratches to come out and when she knows she defo needs to poo she goes running back, climbs in and goes to the corner.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom