Toes

Status
Not open for further replies.

23peterpai

99111-9755588253.jpg
99111-1100354735.jpg
99111-3887783266.jpg
Hi! My new Beardie, Rebel, I got from another person and she’s about a year old. She’s always been housed alone but her toes are looking a little funny. Maybe like she has stuck shed? I lifted the stuck shed up a little and it looked kind of raw so I put some silver cream that I got from the vet for another Beardie on them. I’m just wondering what it is and what I should do for her. She also has several missing nails and bits of her toes.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is very possible that there is some stuck shed. Have you tried warm baths to soak the
feet & toes? I would keep an eye on that though to be sure that the toes don't start swelling
as they would in gout development.
It doesn't look like the wrists or forearms are swollen or puffy, right?
For now, you can continue to use the silver cream on the raw areas or you can also try some
raw, unpasteurized honey to help with healing.

Tracie

23peterpai

Original Poster
Okay, thank you! Yes I have done multiple soaks for her and no, I can’t see any swelling as of now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that is good news then. Hopefully it is just some stubborn shed. It can cause swelling
just due to constriction so definitely keep an eye on it.
You can try using some coconut oil on it at night, to help moisturize it some if needed.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom