To Multiple Beardie Owners....

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
sooooooooooooooooooo the beardie that I want(ed)- well it's twin was introduced online yesterday- coincidence? :love::LOL::ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You REAAAAALLLLYYYY want that beardie i thinks lol. I say if it's the right fit and you have played through all the scenarios and are comfortable go for it. I can tell your not being hasty, thats when most people nake bad decisions. But it is a lot more of a juggling act with 2 :) Just keep that in mind.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
You REAAAAALLLLYYYY want that beardie i thinks lol. I say if it's the right fit and you have played through all the scenarios and are comfortable go for it. I can tell your not being hasty, thats when most people nake bad decisions. But it is a lot more of a juggling act with 2 :) Just keep that in mind.
Okay but today, I put a ramp in and out of Rocky's habitat and he did it! I literally left my meeting and ran into the room to watch (I could hear the sound). I am still so excited by this. This happened 6 hours ago. But if I had 2, I couldn't do this...unless they have separate rooms. I think I am going to keep celebrating "firsts" and acting the fool as Rocky probably does normal beardie things and HEAVEN FORBID something happen (you know I will be messed up for a year), I will get another beardie then...it will be a never ending pet for me. I'll hopefully get better and better at the care.
I noticed Rocky is going to bed 2 hours earlier...I hope it's not because I am letting him stay out too long sitting in the window. I took this as a reminder that I am still new and may still have things to learn.

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I feel the same, i will have a beardie for as long as I'm still able to take care of them. This is an ever changing hobbie/lifestyle. New products and new/better info is always becoming the new wisdom. If we aren't still learning then we aren't being good keepers. I have been keeping them for 8 years and still tons to learn.

I been working with Snicker Doodle to try to teach her to come out to me. I am using hornworms to coax her to come out. She will fly out for a treat, otherwise she just looks at me like "if you want me, you come on here and get me". I think I've met my match lol.
(My habitats are all to high to let them come in and out on their own)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I feel the same, i will have a beardie for as long as I'm still able to take care of them. This is an ever changing hobbie/lifestyle. New products and new/better info is always becoming the new wisdom. If we aren't still learning then we aren't being good keepers. I have been keeping them for 8 years and still tons to learn.

I been working with Snicker Doodle to try to teach her to come out to me. I am using hornworms to coax her to come out. She will fly out for a treat, otherwise she just looks at me like "if you want me, you come on here and get me". I think I've met my match lol.
(My habitats are all to high to let them come in and out on their own)
8 years...remember with all this yapping that I do...I am about 3 months in. Can you believe it? I think I need full cycles of everything- like I am nervous to learn if Rocky will brumate. In my head, I can talk him out of it LOL What in the world am I gonna do? LOL There will be a day when he may not feel well or he flat out hates me...and like you said, new products- things changes, experiences cause us to change so I'll pour into Rocky for now. Disclaimer: Tomorrow I may sing another tune like 2 is a better way to learn- compare and contrast. Ohhh...I can get twins LOL

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom