Tips on Getting Beardie to Eat Salad 🥗

FiretheBeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fire
Hi Beardie Lovers!
My 1 and 1/2 year old beardie Fire used to love his salad and finish the whole plate every day, but since his first birthday he started not eating as much as he used to. He gets different greens all the time, but his favorites are arugula and kale. I feed him 10 dubia roaches (sometimes dusted with calcium/multivitamin powder) about twice weekly now and he loves those but he's not eating as many greens as he used to. I've tried bee pollen and fruit to entice him over, but it hasn't worked very well. He still eats his salad, but very rarely and doesn't like any vegetables that aren't green. Any tips on getting him to eat more salad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 🥬

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Beardie Lovers!
My 1 and 1/2 year old beardie Fire used to love his salad and finish the whole plate every day, but since his first birthday he started not eating as much as he used to. He gets different greens all the time, but his favorites are arugula and kale. I feed him 10 dubia roaches (sometimes dusted with calcium/multivitamin powder) about twice weekly now and he loves those but he's not eating as many greens as he used to. I've tried bee pollen and fruit to entice him over, but it hasn't worked very well. He still eats his salad, but very rarely and doesn't like any vegetables that aren't green. Any tips on getting him to eat more salad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 🥬
As long as hes eating it thats great -- cut back on the amount of insects see if that entices him to eat more salad

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Thanks! I'll try that.
You can also try adding something like Repashy or Fluker's Garden blend.
They are soft moist pellets.

My guy was going nuts over the moist pellets.
I got Some Repashy too.
He's shedding.

Possibly put them in his bowl with the salad.
Some Beardies love the pellets/formulations.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom