Tips on a temporary sterilite enclosure?

gremlinsmama

hi! i’m going to be painting my bedroom this weekend and absolutely do not want my beardie breathing in the paint fumes so i’m planning on moving her to the garage just for a few days. her glass tank would be too heavy to carry up and down the stairs so i figured i’d make a temporary little set up with a 50 gal sterilite tub but i am stuck on figuring out what use as a lid. i need something that’s sturdy and won’t melt from the heat of her basking light. thank you for any replies!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
hi! i’m going to be painting my bedroom this weekend and absolutely do not want my beardie breathing in the paint fumes so i’m planning on moving her to the garage just for a few days. her glass tank would be too heavy to carry up and down the stairs so i figured i’d make a temporary little set up with a 50 gal sterilite tub but i am stuck on figuring out what use as a lid. i need something that’s sturdy and won’t melt from the heat of her basking light. thank you for any replies!
@CooperDragon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the tub is tall enough you may not need a lid. You could suspend the lights overhead using adjustable lamp stands. Otherwise I'd pick up some metal screen (or even chicken wire) from a hardware store and build a frame around it to use as a top.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom