Tips of Scales turning black on belly?

Shotty.Sub

Beardie name(s)
Fiona
Hi, new beardie owner here. Current set up: New Beardie Owner Here - Have Questions :) | Introductions | Bearded Dragon .org

My beardie is shedding. Her beard, some arms, just finished her tail and two feet, it looks like her stomach is about to shed as it's getting a bit darker and I can see what looks like two layers of Scales.

However I noticed this little black tips appearing and got a bit worried. Hoping this is just part of the shedding process?

Attachments

• PXL_20220621_184942604~3.jpg
    PXL_20220621_184942604~3.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20220621_184942604~2.jpg
    PXL_20220621_184942604~2.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20220618_195817553.jpg
    PXL_20220618_195817553.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It looks pretty normal to me. All my dragons have looked slightly different when they shed. One of my hypo's would turn snow white for a few days before she shed. She was 100 percent het for zero so i assume maybe thats why. My other hypo doesn't turn white.
Just keep an eye on it and if it changes maybe post pics. There is some vet techs here, they will be able to be more educated than me.

Shotty.Sub

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fiona
It looks pretty normal to me. All my dragons have looked slightly different when they shed. One of my hypo's would turn snow white for a few days before she shed. She was 100 percent het for zero so i assume maybe thats why. My other hypo doesn't turn white.
Just keep an eye on it and if it changes maybe post pics. There is some vet techs here, they will be able to be more educated than me.
Thank you. Yeah. She had these before but seems to be more now. But she's also getting closer to shed?

Maybe a vet tech could confirm too .

She's eating fine. Last bowel movement was healthy. She seems a bit more lethargic than usual, but she is shedding. Still alert and interactive, just seems sleepy.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Their behavior does change a little during a shed.
And as far as that goes all 3 of mine take naps through the day, sleepy on its own isn't really a red flag.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, by the time I saw this & was going to post, it has resolved! I am glad it wasn't anything
serious. Their scales tend to darken, then lighten up right before they shed.
They always want to make us worry about something!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom