Tip of tail severed

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Reposting these pictures here. Because @xp29 let me know Beebz does seem to have / have had an injury causing her to lose the tip of her tail. Also to serve as a reference for anyone with the same issue as when I searched the forum I couldn't find pictures with this high of a zoom level so you can really see each scale in detail. For reference the black cord is the zoomed hygrometer cord.
20230305_215229.jpg

20230305_215334.jpg

20230305_214343.jpg

First I should ask, is the consensus that the tip was severed at some point and has fully healed? That being the case is any sort of treatment necessary at this point? Does losing the tip of the tail make her more susceptible to tail rot or other issues in the future, and if so what precautions can I take to protect her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Reposting these pictures here. Because @xp29 let me know Beebz does seem to have / have had an injury causing her to lose the tip of her tail. Also to serve as a reference for anyone with the same issue as when I searched the forum I couldn't find pictures with this high of a zoom level so you can really see each scale in detail. For reference the black cord is the zoomed hygrometer cord.
20230305_215229.jpg

20230305_215334.jpg

20230305_214343.jpg

First I should ask, is the consensus that the tip was severed at some point and has fully healed? That being the case is any sort of treatment necessary at this point? Does losing the tip of the tail make her more susceptible to tail rot or other issues in the future, and if so what precautions can I take to protect her?
The tail looks fine -- if there was infection it would be black all the way around and look brittle and thin looking -- it looks like it has healed fine and I dont think you need to worry about it

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
The tail looks fine -- if there was infection it would be black all the way around and look brittle and thin looking -- it looks like it has healed fine and I dont think you need to worry about it
Thank you. I'm just kinda beating myself up because I didn't even know my little princess had a piece missing. you are right though that all the scales still there look healthy.
20230306_093251.jpg

This is what it looks like without extreme magnification. The rock is about an inch and a half long to provide some perspective

Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom