Thoughts on my UVB Setup

UVB Setup.jpg

Hello! I was wondering if my UVB setup is appropriate for my tank.

The tank is a 4x2x2 Zen Habitat and the Bulb is a HO T5 10.0 Reptisun in a 36" fixture.

When we upgraded his tank I was told that the UVB should cover 2/3 of the tank, so I purchased this fixture. However, after doing more research I've found conflicting information saying that I should be using a 24" fixture instead. I have placed the UVB at the far back of the wall to create a gradient as I've read from threads on this website, and I've added some more furniture to supply shade and places to hide from the UVB as needed. Do you think this setup is appropriate or do I seriously need to consider either downsizing to a 24" fixture or covering a foot of my 36" fixture?

Thanks for the help! Just so much conflicting information and I just want to make sure that my setup will be okay for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 65196

The tank is a 4x2x2 Zen Habitat and the Bulb is a HO T5 10.0 Reptisun in a 36" fixture.

When we upgraded his tank I was told that the UVB should cover 2/3 of the tank, so I purchased this fixture. However, after doing more research I've found conflicting information saying that I should be using a 24" fixture instead. I have placed the UVB at the far back of the wall to create a gradient as I've read from threads on this website, and I've added some more furniture to supply shade and places to hide from the UVB as needed. Do you think this setup is appropriate or do I seriously need to consider either downsizing to a 24" fixture or covering a foot of my 36" fixture?

Thanks for the help! Just so much conflicting information and I just want to make sure that my setup will be okay for him.
I think its fine as long as he can get out of the rays which he can - I have a Zen and use the 24" but your 36" is good -- what has his behavior been like?

falcodude95

Original Poster
I think its fine as long as he can get out of the rays which he can - I have a Zen and use the 24" but your 36" is good -- what has his behavior been like?
Today was the first full day with the UVB inside the tank. He has been hanging out in his usual spaces and even moved over to a spot directly under the UVB for a little bit before returning to his usual basking spot. He seems to be enjoying it a lot. He's been eating normal and living it up in the tank. Is it okay to keep the UVB up against the wall like I have it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Today was the first full day with the UVB inside the tank. He has been hanging out in his usual spaces and even moved over to a spot directly under the UVB for a little bit before returning to his usual basking spot. He seems to be enjoying it a lot. He's been eating normal and living it up in the tank. Is it okay to keep the UVB up against the wall like I have it?
As long as he can get directly under it your good

AndyKandyKane

Beardie name(s)
Mango
View attachment 65196

Where did you get the artificial stone decor? link or name of item? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom