This Is Not Goodbye

I know you guys probably don't want to read this, but I had to get this off my chest. My baby must be remembered because I am beginning to forget as a way of coping. I don't want to forget. Thank you to whoever reads his story.

On April 16, 2021, I purchased a beardie living in awful conditions. He was small and some of his toenails were missing. I brought him home, gave him a bath, and, honestly, I loved him immediately. I decided to name him Mulder after one of my favorite TV characters, Fox Mulder from X-Files. I knew from the beginning he was different from my other beardies because he would just stare me in the eyes and wouldn't look away as if he was saying "I love you." I learned over time that his favorite food is peas, so I bought him a pea pod plushie. He was so picky, as he refused to eat anything else, but he was my baby; he took naps with me, cuddled with me, and begged to be held.

Here he is the day I got him (he's in the trunk in his original tank):
20210416_182143.jpg

Photos of Mulder After He Got Settled:
20210908_114329.jpg

20220907_143405.jpg

20220203_174209.jpg

20210730_171801.jpg

20220111_125525.jpg

Unfortunately, around August 2022, I noticed a weird growth inside his mouth. His appetite began to decline and he started to dramatically lose weight. In September, I decided to take him to the vet because my attempts to heal this growth had failed. Long story short, I went to two different vets, and both prescribed the same injections and treatment. He went from 475 grams to 425 grams in just a few weeks, and I knew my baby wasn't going to make it.
After months and months of trying to save him, I just couldn't. The growth spread to his eye and began to eat away at his bone. So, on February 9, 2023, I knew it was time to free him of his suffering.
At this time, his eyes had grown dramatically in size, his teeth turned black, his gums were bleeding, and he was so, so skinny. I was so nervous, I nearly passed out two times from hyperventilation. I cried so hard because I love him. You see, he wasn't a lizard to me, he was my baby. After his passing, my vet told me she believed he had cancer. Which, though sad, gave me great relief knowing it wasn't my fault. I find peace knowing he is at peace and, now, probably living his best life.

Here he is the day he left Earth with his little pea pod:
20230209_093557.jpg

20230209_093625.jpg

I love you, Mulder.. you will always be my little pea ❤️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I know you guys probably don't want to read this, but I had to get this off my chest. My baby must be remembered because I am beginning to forget as a way of coping. I don't want to forget. Thank you to whoever reads his story.

On April 16, 2021, I purchased a beardie living in awful conditions. He was small and some of his toenails were missing. I brought him home, gave him a bath, and, honestly, I loved him immediately. I decided to name him Mulder after one of my favorite TV characters, Fox Mulder from X-Files. I knew from the beginning he was different from my other beardies because he would just stare me in the eyes and wouldn't look away as if he was saying "I love you." I learned over time that his favorite food is peas, so I bought him a pea pod plushie. He was so picky, as he refused to eat anything else, but he was my baby; he took naps with me, cuddled with me, and begged to be held.

View attachment 79178

View attachment 79179
View attachment 79180
View attachment 79181
View attachment 79182
View attachment 79183

Unfortunately, around August 2022, I noticed a weird growth inside his mouth. His appetite began to decline and he started to dramatically lose weight. In September, I decided to take him to the vet because my attempts to heal this growth had failed. Long story short, I went to two different vets, and both prescribed the same injections and treatment. He went from 475 grams to 425 grams in just a few weeks, and I knew my baby wasn't going to make it.
After months and months of trying to save him, I just couldn't. The growth spread to his eye and began to eat away at his bone. So, on February 9, 2023, I knew it was time to free him of his suffering.
At this time, his eyes had grown dramatically in size, his teeth turned black, his gums were bleeding, and he was so, so skinny. I was so nervous, I nearly passed out two times from hyperventilation. I cried so hard because I love him. You see, he wasn't a lizard to me, he was my baby. After his passing, my vet told me she believed he had cancer. Which, though sad, gave me great relief knowing it wasn't my fault. I find peace knowing he is at peace and, now, probably living his best life.

View attachment 79184
View attachment 79185

You did the best you could and I am sure Mulder knew he was loved and of course in better hands- its good he knew he was in a better home and could enjoy some time before he left this earth knowing he was loved! My heart goes out to you and Mulder ---

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
R.I.P Moulder.
I'm sorry your boy is gone, but be at peace knowing you gave him lots of love and a happy home for at least some of his life.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby

View attachment 79178

View attachment 79179
View attachment 79180
View attachment 79181
View attachment 79182
View attachment 79183

View attachment 79184
View attachment 79185

Beautiful Mulder was so very lucky to have you...what a blessing. Your post made me cry because I can almost feel your sense of loss...Big virtual hugs to you.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry you lost your good boy Mulder. :( It was very touching to read how you took such great care of him and how close you felt to your scaly boy. You took great care of him and gave him the best life he could have possibly had up until the end. My heart goes out to you. ETA....loved the pictures, he was a handsome boy and had such character. :)

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Pancake

View attachment 79178

View attachment 79179
View attachment 79180
View attachment 79181
View attachment 79182
View attachment 79183

View attachment 79184
View attachment 79185

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he knows how much you love him. You were a good beardie parent. ❤️

Lilithsgirl

View attachment 79178

View attachment 79179
View attachment 79180
View attachment 79181
View attachment 79182
View attachment 79183

View attachment 79184
View attachment 79185

I love you Sissy so much! My beardie is also my baby and I have had her since she was way too young to even leave her Mama... but I brought her back to life I love her as my own and I know you! I know how you loved that lizard and showed them a better life! No matter how Mulder died, you gave him the best life you could in the time he had! We both know we almost lost me to the same thing and in my worst moments it all the people I loved whom got me through knowing you all were out there believing in me! You showed Mulder the same faith and love! You will never really forget and never ever think for one second that you didn't do and give everything you had to that lizard! So proud of you!

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby

View attachment 79178

View attachment 79179
View attachment 79180
View attachment 79181
View attachment 79182
View attachment 79183

View attachment 79184
View attachment 79185

Don't be sad! You did the right thing. Also, by the way, he didn't have cancer. I'm an expert when it comes to whether or not beardies have cancer. I can tell you with 100% certainty that it's not cancer. However, it's also not your fault. Sometimes things like that just happened.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom