They keep doing everything wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I know this person who had a “reptile collection” and right around when I got my bearded dragon they went to Petco and bought a bearded dragon hatchling. They even said “You inspired me to get one!” Okay, cool, kinda touching.

Wait, they didn’t do any research at all. Already this is the worst thing someone can do when getting a pet. I noticed the bearded dragon had NO lights in their pictures and I said “you need to get your bearded dragon a UVB and heat light.” They did but it took about a week of reminding them.

They got one of those dual dome pieces of garbage lighting setups that anyone who did even 5 minutes of research would’ve avoided. I said “your bearded dragon needs actual uvb, the coil is bad for them.” They said “okay I’ll do that later.”

FAST FORWARD ONE YEAR and they STILL didn’t get on with it, This bearded dragon that they have is STUNTED and so deformed, it boggles my mind how ignorant someone could be to look at an animal that’s so bent up and say “yep, that seems about right!” I told them at least every time I saw a picture that they needed to fix their lighting but they put it off and now their animal is in pain because they couldn’t commit.

What’s worse is that the other day I caught them feeding their feeder hornworms TOMATOES WITH THE LEAVES and feeding those worms to the lizard! I swear they keep getting everything WRONG with care and I’m genuinely concerned about their capability to keep bearded dragons. I’m not educated on their other pets to know if they are caring for them correctly, but I know bearded dragons really well and can tell you they ruined this poor lizard’s life by being uninformed and having no initiative to research proper care. It makes me angry for the little dude as he doesn’t deserve the suffering that is yet to come when he starts breaking bones all the time. Ugh, it makes me so sad that a living soul can be bought by those who are not capable to raise them.

What’s worse is that they are looking for *another* reptile and I’m about to explode with what I can only describe as a feeling of annoyance. I’m annoyed that they only care to collect and not to provide adequate care and I feel impatient with them every time I see their scrawny and twisted up bearded dragon with a lantern jaw and bony arms. I feel like the amount of things I want to scream at them is going to destroy their trust in me, so I need advice on how not to blow up on them for being the most careless and unaware pet owner despite being told numerous times that they are doing stuff wrong. How do you flat out tell someone to go do their research without sounding like a jerk? I have hinted many times but I feel like I need to flat out say “you’re doing a horrible job, please just go research the pets you already have before getting this basilisk,” or else they are going to ruin another animal’s life.

Sorry if it sounds like gossip, I’m just freaking out as the clock is ticking and I need to act now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you able to suggest taking the dragon in to help out, or would they agree to those
types of terms?

Tracie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2ou4q5d4 said:
Hello,

Are you able to suggest taking the dragon in to help out, or would they agree to those
types of terms?

Tracie

I’m not willing to take on another pet and they are not willing to give them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom