The story of Kai and Widget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well i've decided to make one of these blog like things so i can share my new beardie Kai to the world and to watch him grow! :blob8: I bought Kai from a local pet store near by to where i live, i know they didnt really care much for their beardies and had a terrible set up with about 20 babies all crammed in there. The guy at the shop said that Kai was about 2.5 months old, i was planning on getting another bearded dragon as the one i had previously passed away due to the incorrect information and so on, this time round however i had done my homework ( mostly learning from hours and hours on this site :lol: ), anyways so i wasnt quite ready to bring Kai home but just could not resist buying him the first time we met so yea :blob5: . Kai is roughly 17.5cm (6.8 inchs), hoping he will start to grow a lot more soon though :D anyways let me stop rambling on and get to it with the pictures :mrgreen:

Kaimaster

Original Poster
20141016_183754_zpsb638e00d.jpg~320x480

So the above two pics are of my Leopard Gecko Widget when I first got her :)

Pogshmog

My gosh he's gotten big! I want my little Oliver to grow up so bad but then I hear people saying they wish they had another baby. Good luck with Kai!

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Haha yeah he sure has grown up a lot now, and hes just under a year old, im hoping he will push and grown just another 2 inchs or so :D I was exactly the same as you , wanted Kai to grow up so quickly and I was always worried that he wasn't growing enough :? I wish I had another baby actually ! :mrgreen: how has Oliver been?.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Your Kai and Widget are adorable, Kyle!

I got a new boy in October. When he grows I'll miss the
baby part. I'll want a new baby then.

Kamie

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Here's a picture of my second gecko who is yet to be named on account of not knowing it's gender just yet :?
DSC_0050_zpsc87c2013.jpg~320x480

Pogshmog

Aww! Yet-to-be-named Leo is sooo cute! How about Dexter for a name if he's a boy(I've always wanted a pet named Dexter). One of my friends had a Leo and they are awesome. If I got another reptile it would probably be a Leo, since I already have a 10 gal for it. I would probably also look into getting a gargoyle gecko, I like the idea of a gecko with the same care as a crested, but a little sturdier and with colors that i like more. I'm a little busy with Oliver though. I don't think I could handle another pet.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I like leopard geckos I just can't own one. Eat more bugs than beardies so my mom says LOL. My beardie eats more now.

Good luck with your new gecko.

Kamie

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Yes I really love my Leo's !! They are just too awesome :) :D
Yea beardies are a handful especially in the beginning! ! How is Ollie doing though? :mrgreen:
Awh Kamie that sucks, they really are such great pets, very affectionate too. Haha that's funny as I find the geckos to be much cheaper than my beardie :blob8:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
My dragon is 5 months old and I believe I've been lied to by the breeder...he's a bit small than most people's 5 month old dragons. Either small side or just...a runt. He eats a lot!

I'm a godmother to a member's geckos and dragons.
She's a godmother to my only one dragon.

Kamie

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Don't worry, Kai was also a bit slow, they all grow differently, im sure he will hit a growth spurt soon :D :mrgreen:
Haha that's cute actually :p

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Thanks for the reassurance!

I'm going out of town tomorrow since I dont think I can wait 3 days(tomorrow 3 days) till my uvb gets here. The one I use is like almost 6 months or 5... My town doesnt carry powersun or reptisun 10.0 so gotta go out of town to get it...a backup bulb in case I gotta wait on delivery services.

I have too many spares LOL. Who knows how old they are.

Talked my mom into going to Eugene to get a bulb so tomorrow we are. Still gonna keep the one in the mail as back up so I can order another and be safe.

Kamie

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Yeah I know what you mean, I live in South Africa and it's difficult to find places to order reptisuns from, as most over seas places don't deliver or are extremely expensive :roll: and there's only one store that sells them, luckily it's close to me :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Luckily, it was a warm 57 today on the coast of Oregon.

Partly cloudy so my boy got 3 minutes of sun :roll:. Better than none.

My 1st beardie died of old age, he was 10 years old.

This new guy is my second dragon, Alucard is his name.

Hope many years with your new guy and the geckos.

I have lots to do. I got 2 eels and 2 rasbora fish, 1 gerbil (had 2), 1 cat and 2 lizards (1 beardie at a time).

Sorry if I talk a lot, 27 years old with nothing to do LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom